• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
^Good stuff pickle.

Why do you say last flight in a P3, are you going to give up flying for a farm in Iowa? :eek:

Renegade One

None
Just got a new scanner to finally start converting my thousands of old slides to digital. Just playing around with it now to learn the ins and outs of the various settings. Here is one from an April 1982 weps det to El Centro while instructing at VT-22. Filming was in progress for Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi in the desert between Yuma and El Centro. We would make a daily run (time permitting) past the set after working the targets and often wondered if we ever disrupted any scenes.

View attachment 12348
Truly…no bullshit…that's kinda special. ;)

Renegade One

None
I hear the P3 isn't going away as quick as some would think. I bet you could still get more stick time in the mighty War Pig. world-renowned and highly feared Lockheed P-3 "Orion" aircraft…AKA "I Am Death…The Destroyer of Worlds…"
FIFY. ;)

The "Ocho" will need to make its OWN reputation…in its own time. The P-3's legacy is secure.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Boy that brings back memories. BzB and A4s will probably get erections. :) (Oh wait.... A4s is no longer here and active.)

And what the hell am I, Steve ...chopped liver?? LOL!!

http://skyhawkventures.com/index.html
I'm betting that at least one person here either flew it, fixed it, armed it, or fueled it at one point. Apparently it was with VA-216 , and was damaged in combat.

GP ...you'd win that bet. I flew the wing section of 145606 several times in October 1965, when it was the wing section of 145131, assigned to VA-95 at Lemoore. More info re the restoration of 606 is available in the Skyhawk Association Journals of Fall 2011 (Volume 17 Number 3), and Spring 2012 (Volume 18 Number 1).

Ironic that the A4B, BuNo 142833, also wonderfully restored, and on display aboard USS Intrepid in NYC, was also assigned to VA-95 during its 1966 Vietnam tour.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Boy that brings back memories. BzB and A4s will probably get erections. :) (Oh wait.... A4s is no longer here and active.)
Well, don't know 'bout a "woody", but marvel at the workmanship in the restoration. I hope there will always a few airworthy 'Hawks' touring the airshow circuit. An incredible little workhorse!

BTW, Rick Millson, a former RP when I was a FRS IP in VA-125, is the pilot standing up in the hole blown in 606's wing (famous photo from early in the NVN air war). He was later a Blue Angel, and still today flies an occasional civilian A-4 flight based out of Marana, AZ.:)
CloseShaveForRick2_000.jpg
BzB

brownshoe

Contributor
And what the hell am I, Steve ...chopped liver?? LOL!!

Sorry, Ron... I know you're a "church goin'" guy so I was protecting your gentle sensibibilities. And also I was in the grips of that evil "Mister Booze".

Did you get my email the other day? I'll give you a call later this afternoon.

WEGL12

VT-28
I took these two pictures today at the USS Yorktown which is hosting the 68th reunion/memorial for the USS Franklin. 68 years ago on Sunday, the Franklin was attacked operating off the coast of Japan resulting in nearly 1000 casualties. The first picture shows a 40 mm gun mount removed from the Franklin along with the ship's bell and the American flag flown on the day of the attack. The second picture shows the Yorktown's number 10 changed into a 13 to honor the Franklin. The reunion will be held tomorrow at 0900 including 22 of the survivors from the attack. From my understanding this will be the last organized reunion put together by the Franklin association.

image.jpg image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.