• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Geese at BOOST

xmid

pilot
Contributor
BRM21o said:
Ah yes, Ney Hall...

"the only place where you can get meat served by a vegetable" - NAPS GYSGT

Would this be GYSGT Ortz? One of the scariest men alive...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Brett327 said:
That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time - I can just picture it. I'll bet the beast would have pulled a vein out of your neck, given the chance. I was attacked by a swan as a child, so I can relate. :D

Brett

Its all starting to make sense :)

Psychiatrist: now duck hunting's a fun sport but, uh, why do you use dynamite?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Yea, the fvcker waited till my back was to him before he made his move. And I had my mp3 player on, so I didn't even realize I was the attackee until it was too late.

Apparently, Sun Tzu even applies to geese.
Still hilarious. I get this image of you grabbing it's long neck and throttling the thing back and forth while its head and body thrash from side to side (all while screaming, BIRDS!), like you're using a speed wrench or something. :D

Brett

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
We were on our way to a Summer White inspection at NSI. While formed up in our little grinder, one of the OC's had a turn land right on the gold star on his shoulderboard. Bullseye.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
xmid said:
Would this be GYSGT Ortz? One of the scariest men alive...

I only knew the man for a couple months...

My favorite Gunny Ortx quote: "So... aren't we a plethora of emotion this morning, Mr. Eckel?"

We actaully had a couple people get sick from all the goose sh*t on Nimitz Field (this was back when it was nothing more than a grass field w/ a USMC PT platform in the middle).

God I miss that place...

xmid... what platoon where you in?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
TheBubba said:
I only knew the man for a couple months...
My favorite Gunny Ortx quote: "So... aren't we a plethora of emotion this morning, Mr. Eckel?"
?

By any chance was he talking to former Navy fullback Kyle Eckel?

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
Did any of you guys have the following people for professors?
Prof Hampl, Dean Miller, Prof Shaw, and Prof Ledoux
We start classes tomorrow morning and that's my lineup.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Spot said:

Yeah, I had Hampl. I feel sorry for you :(

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Bubba,

I was 3-1. The image of gunnery sargeant Ortz's dog wondering my p-way while studying is fresh in my mind...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Spot said:
I had Dean Miller for Calc when he filled in for Mr. Prassl who went back to NAPS to teach (he's now back at BOOST). He and I butted heads a lot. I think he thought I asked too many questons in class. Dean Miller was a pretty good teacher, but not as good as Mr. Prassl. I also had Mr. Shaw for English :sleep_125

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Dean Miller slammed a chair down on a table during NAPS indoc and yelled "hippopotamus" and told us that would be the only thing we would remember from NAPS... Wierd guy. As for other stories about profs, after the hippo thing I dont remember much about NAPS...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
xmid said:
Dean Miller slammed a chair down on a table during NAPS indoc and yelled "hippopotamus" and told us that would be the only thing we would remember from NAPS... Wierd guy. As for other stories about profs, after the hippo thing I dont remember much about NAPS...

That was Dean Arednt (or how the hell ever you spell his name).

How can you forget that?

BTW... 3-2 Zoo (2000-2001)

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
They all seemed pretty cool today. Although the weird thing is that I have Pre-calc in the morning and my basic math class is in the afternoon.