• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The "fiscal cliff" and bonuses

exNavyOffRec

Do you go to OCS as a prior O from another branch?

You cannot, NRD's are specifically prohibited from working with prior officers in any branch that are trying to get into a designator that needs to go to OCS.

Trying to do this was one of the few times I had my d*** smacked by NRC, it was very early in my OR time.

MasterBates

What designators would have to go to Navy OCS vice ISTing from another service? Just curious.

I know 2 IST that went SNA/SNFO, and a couple guys who went Supply.

exNavyOffRec

What designators would have to go to Navy OCS vice ISTing from another service? Just curious.

I know 2 IST that went SNA/SNFO, and a couple guys who went Supply.

It might be easier to say what won't go to OCS, anything medical, dental, Chaplain. The IST's can (as far as I know) go into any designator, it is just that if it is a designator that would go to OCS they have to deal with the OCM directly.

I have seen prior officers from other services go Dentist or MD that had to go to ODS, for prior USN officers they normally just waive that.

I have "heard" of an enlisted SEAL, that was picked up SEAL officer that never actually went to OCS due to operational needs, evidently this was when things were hot and heavy in Iraq and Afganistan.

Old Chief story time:
A friend of mine was commissioned LDO and nearly a year later hasn't been to "knife and fork" school, the command he was going to had his orders to school canx and changed to go right to the command, when he was on the phone with the CO before he left our command he asked his new CO when he could expect to actual go to school, CO's response "don't know don't care, I need you here, your CO said you will be fine".