• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Final Countdown

BigRed389

None
MasterBates said:
Granted the last time I watched it I was borderline passed out drunk in a sorority house at Michigan State.

:confused:
...sorority chicks wanted to watch the "Final Countdown?" :eek:

What was this the Navy groupie sorority? :icon_smil

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SuperStallionIP said:
Do you mean Roy Scheider, as in Jaws and Blue Thunder? Kirk Douglas was the ship's CO.

The song was voted the "most awesomely bad song" out of 40 on VH-1. Kinda funny to watch actually.
Yeah, that's a funny juxtaposition. The guy in Final Countdown played the protagonist role in the TV version of Blue Thunder, whereas Roy Scheider played it in the Blue Thunder movie, but was not in Final Countdown. :D

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
SuperStallionIP said:
The song was voted the "most awesomely bad song" out of 40 on VH-1. Kinda funny to watch actually.

It IS awesomely bad. You can't NOT like that song.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Granted the last time I watched it I was borderline passed out drunk in a sorority house at Michigan State.

A Marine would have been making movies not watching them.

Pardon me while I go kick my own a$$......

B

Blutonski816

I have the movie... strange to see that only 2 of the types of A/C shown in the movie are still in service today...

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
BigIron said:
I thought you were talking about the bad song from the band Europe....
We're leaving together,
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back,
To earth, who can tell ?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground
Will things ever be the same again?

It's the final countdown...

We're heading for Venus and still we stand tall
Cause maybe they've seen us and welcome us all
With so many light years to go and things to be found
I'm sure that we'll all miss her so.

nugget81

pilot
OK, so all this talk about the movie and the large amount of time on my hands convinced me to go rent the movie. It was cool but I remembered what was going to happen part way through (because I saw it once a long time ago). Fun to watch, but not really worth owning...netflix is your answer...

MasterBates said:
That song is prominently featued in the film if I remember correctly.
BTW, the song is nowhere to be found. Too bad, I was looking forward to it!;)

Birdman

FLYMARINES said:
Hair Metal is back!!! I knew the great music of ancient times would come back again. [NOT Sarcastic]
I kept hoping hair metal would die... they look and sound like girls..:icon_woma