• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Final Countdown

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I've just recently heard about this film and really would like to see it. None of the video rental stores in the Milton/Pace area have a copy, am I going to have to buy it blind from Amazon?

I'm sure many of you have seen it judging from the summaries of the film, is it good enough to simply buy or does it warrant a first viewing to make sure?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ryan_Cunningham said:
I've just recently heard about this film and really would like to see it. None of the video rental stores in the Milton/Pace area have a copy, am I going to have to buy it blind from Amazon?

I'm sure many of you have seen it judging from the summaries of the film, is it good enough to simply buy or does it warrant a first viewing to make sure?
It's a solid film. I personally don't buy movies, but I'm sure you can justify spending the $5-10 it would cost.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ahhhhh ... I'd rent it. Semi-interesting "what if" ... totally silly in reality. Lots of "goofs" and techincal errors --- but so what?? It ain't history. Enjoy it for what it is ---- fluff and cotton candy.

I knew several of the guys on the flight deck and/or AirWing when it was made .... 1980?? :)

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought you were talking about the bad song from the band Europe....

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FLYMARINES said:
That was my first thought. Quite possibly the "most 80's" song ever.

I once aspired.....

Attachments

• Europe_the_band_1986.jpg
    Europe_the_band_1986.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 70

MasterBates

That song is prominently featued in the film if I remember correctly.

Granted the last time I watched it I was borderline passed out drunk in a sorority house at Michigan State.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
BigIron said:
I thought you were talking about the bad song from the band Europe....

WHAT?! That song rules! Hair bands forever!

Oh, yeah, it's a cool movie. Roy Schnider is in it I think.

SuperStallionIP

Large Steel
pilot
PropStop said:
WHAT?! That song rules! Hair bands forever!

Oh, yeah, it's a cool movie. Roy Schnider is in it I think.

Do you mean Roy Scheider, as in Jaws and Blue Thunder? Kirk Douglas was the ship's CO.

The song was voted the "most awesomely bad song" out of 40 on VH-1. Kinda funny to watch actually.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
MasterBates said:
That song is prominently featued in the film if I remember correctly.

Granted the last time I watched it I was borderline passed out drunk in a sorority house at Michigan State.

That happens a lot at MSU. I loved every second of my time there! :D

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I personally think the main dogfight scene in the movie is the best tomcat footage EVER! (in a movie)

I love the part when they say dont engage them...just play with them.