• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Doghouse....we've all been there

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I thought it was the thought that counts....? This single guy "obviously must not get it."

Good laugh though.

PS- OU, you should have just said you were making sure you were marrying the right girl.

Nah, she's a great girl..I think I've been watching a little too much Married With Children. If I had said what you suggested, I'd have ended up homeless.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
My mom usually asks for vaccuum cleaners...

Hilarious advertising scheme though.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Today is my wife's birthday and I'm glad to report that I'm not in the dog house. It took some thought and consideration and dinner at Outback Steakhouse to avoid it.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
^No! I took the extra effort and got her something she would really enjoy. (Not a new husband either)

onedge

pilot
RANT/ Call me whatever but the dog house concept is total bullshit. Granted I piss my girlfriend off way more than she does me.... it's insulting in that the 'doghouse' provides a ready made superiority complex. How do they get off thinking they are entitled to anymore than exactly 50% say in any given issue in a relationship! I doubt they'd like it if they were in the Bitch house./RANT

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
RANT/ Call me whatever but the dog house concept is total bullshit. Granted I piss my girlfriend off way more than she does me.... it's insulting. How do they get off thinking they are entitled to anymore than exactly 50% say in any given issue in a relationship! I doubt they'd like it if they were in the Bitch house./RANT

Dude we will always get the short end of the stick. Double standards etc etc..

Our chick can be mad at us and show up at our "guys night" and we have to come home..or your friends just heckle you as you scurry off. But if you did that to your chick's "girl's night", you're the psycho boyfriend/husband/whatever.

Same thing, a chick an slap you at a bar or throw a beer in your face and people will laugh, but you could never get away with the same thing.

I accepted this is life long ago my man...

onedge

pilot
I am much more reluctant to do so. I also get called an @$$hole a lot. I'd rather that than be subjugated to 'princess'.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I am much more reluctant to do so. I also get called an @$$hole a lot. I'd rather that than be subjugated to 'princess'.

One thing I learned when I got engaged is that it's good to not be too nice but also not be too much of a dick.

If you ask your girl what she thinks of you and she says "You're sweet..but you could be sweeter."

Then you're doing A-OK :D