• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Doctor is in! Ask a Flight Surgeon!

cgoetz

To Rasczak, that post you put where u said u talk to an HN at the medical office and they said that the condition was unwaiverable for SNA and SNFO. Was that one in regards to my question about anyone in flight shool who had issues with ADD OR DEPRESSION OR WAS IT TOWARD SOMEONE ELSE.

cgoetz

Alright, here is a new question. Is depression automatically disqualifying for flying or it waiverable because I thought I saw something on the nomi page about this being waiverable. Can anyone help me with this please?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I don't think depression is automatically DQ. Do a google for 'NOMI waiver guide', then look for your particular issue.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I don't think depression is automatically DQ....

It's not. I'd get depressed every time I got the Dawn Patrol and on occasion, some of my B/N's would depress me .... but I still flew anyway.

And we won't EVEN get into the airlines .... talk about depressing ... :)

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I think NAMI is in the Florida region. Google NOMI waiver guide; phone number is on the lower RH corner of the page.

BourneID

pilot
Seeing that you are in Daytona, why don't you try calling NAS JAX Medical, They should have quite a few FS's and they are less than an hour and a half away depending on how you drive. Their Information Number is 904-542-7300, and I am sure they will get you in the right direction

pilot811

Fly High!
Rotor Cuff

I'm looking to apply for OCS soon and I am pefectly healthy. The only thing I'm not sure on is that I have a small rotor cuff problem on my left shoulder. For example, when I do triangle pushups my left shoulder will pop. It's not painfull or anything I just don't want to continue hurting it. Any idea if this would ruin my chance for OCS?

Kevin

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
The only thing wors than an internet diagnosis is a self diagnosis. Best get yourself to a doc....to properly diagnose that rotator cuff injury you might have.

robertdm27

Question: to anyone on here that has insight into the SNA applicant waiver process. I am currently an Aircrewman with an up to date flight phys but I am applying for a commissioning to be a pilot. My problem is the SG1 guidelines say I need 20/20 vision or 20/40 correctable 20/20. I am currently 20/70 corrected to 20/20 with contact lenses. I hae heard there is a SCL(soft contact lens) waiver for SNA's but cant seem to get any info on it. If anyone has advice on this or knows much about the SCL waiver please let me know.

nugget61

pilot
Question: to anyone on here that has insight into the SNA applicant waiver process. I am currently an Aircrewman with an up to date flight phys but I am applying for a commissioning to be a pilot. My problem is the SG1 guidelines say I need 20/20 vision or 20/40 correctable 20/20. I am currently 20/70 corrected to 20/20 with contact lenses. I hae heard there is a SCL(soft contact lens) waiver for SNA's but cant seem to get any info on it. If anyone has advice on this or knows much about the SCL waiver please let me know.

The SCL waiver is gone, at least for civilian applicants. Must be 20/40 or better, no correction. Not sure about current e's

N9148Q

Contributor
Bee stings

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issue as me or has any advice on what to do. Im 25 and applying for SNA. When I was 16 I was stung 7 times by Yellow Jackets and had a reaction (anaphylactic shock) and had to go to the hospital. After that I went to an allergy clinic and was tested to see what insects I am allergic to and the test showed that I was specifically only allergic to Yellow Jackets and nothing else not even insects related to Yellow Jackets. After this I was given an EPI pen to carry and started the VIT theropy and made it all the way to maintnance and then shortly after that I stopped. Since then I have been stung by all kinds of insects with no problems but have never had to battle another Yellow Jacket. Has anoyone else had this issue and recieved a waiver? If so could you please tell me about the process you went through to achieve this. Thanks for any input and help anyone has!

N9148Q

Contributor
Bee sting update

Just got a call from my recruiter that I will be getting a waiver for my Bee sting issue. I wasnt able to find much info on others that have had this same issue so if anyone has questions on the process and all the fun doctors apointments you will have please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to share info/help as much as I can. :D