• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Doctor is in! Ask a Flight Surgeon!

cyrusu

pilot
No definitely no TB. As a young child, I had a few instances of asthma. But as I said, I took a pulmonary function test and the doctor had nothing to say

TimeBomb

Noise, vibration and harshness
You will need a methacholine challenge test as well if NAMI gets wind of the asthma history.
You indicate that you are accepted as SNA. Did you require a waiver?

Last edited:
What is the status with NAMI processing speed right now. With COVID nailing Florida, it seems that speed on package acceptance and waiver decisions are taking longer

STOVLer

pilot
My waivers took a little over 3 weeks and it was fairly complex. They advertise 30 days and seem to be moving faster than that right now.

TimeBomb

Noise, vibration and harshness
Typically no. Folks were always passing out during the blood draw. Help yourself and stay hydrated, avoid excessive alcohol and don't get too spun up.

V/R

My waivers took a little over 3 weeks and it was fairly complex. They advertise 30 days and seem to be moving faster than that right now.

Yeah Im not quite sure about that. I have been waiting 7 fucking weeks for some news, seems like COVID is screwing everything up in Florida. Anyone else having this same problem?

Jersey96

Does anyone knows what happens if you can’t get over airsickness in the T-45? I am currently a student there and am struggling with some airsickness with the phase 2 flights. I got passively airsick a few times in primary and the beginning of intermediate but never too bad, but these last few flight in the T-45 I have been actively airsick every time. I saw the flight doc and he recommended I try some vitamin b6, in addition to the ginger I have already been taking to see if that helps. I just feel like everyone always says you get over it but it just doesn’t seem to be getting better for me and I just feel like I am at a loss at what to do. I looked up the CNATRA instruction and it mentions that after two active airsickness episodes you need to go to a airsickness review board with the CO, so I am curious as to what the outcomes of that board would be?
Thank you for the help.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Not sure about the board process and all the formalities, but in primary I was never airsick except for passive airsickness in spins. In T-45s, I never got airsick until TACFORM stage, where I puked through every flight. I was very nervous about this when BFM would start, but to my surprise I didn't even get passively airsick. I had no issues with airsickness in the FRS or fleet from then on (also, T-45 TACFORM is not how it's done in gray airplanes). I seriously thought I was done with this community during TACFORM. Everybody is different, but it is possible you will get over it. Don't quit until you truly are unable to continue no matter what.

taxi1

pilot
A friend of mine when going through flight training got sick on every single flight through about half of the T-2 syllabus. I can't imagine. He'd just get out of the airplane with his little doggy bag of barf and toss it into the trash while walking back to the hangar.

I was prone to motion sickness growing up, and got sick on FAM-1 in flight training. I eventually became an OCF instructor. Again, conditioning.

Sorry to hear of your struggles, its not a fun place to be, but don't underestimate the power of saying "fuck it" and powering through.