• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Doctor is in! Ask a Flight Surgeon!

geoca

Your tricuspid regurgitation (TR) has been labeled "physiologic" so I wouldn't worry about that. "Trace" or "mild" TR is extremely common, almost to the point of being a "within normal limits" finding in a young, otherwise healthy person.

In my experience at NAMI, the most common cause for an abnormal axis on an EKG in the standard issue SNA/SNFO was that the corpsman inadvertently reversed the left and right arm leads, but that's pretty easy to diagnose when reviewing the EKG. Second most common cause was that the candidate was a tall, skinny kid whose heart was positioned more vertically in the chest and pulled the main voltage axis toward the right.

V/R
Good to know that tricuspid regurgitation shouldn't be a big issue, I also didn't know that was very common. A few other people I talked to said the same thing about being tall and thin, I'm 5'11" 170 lbs so that could explain it. Thank you so much for your help!

ML24

Could use a flight doc's opinion.. I have many symptoms for PCOS and am currently a P-8 NFO. Is PCOS disqualifying for aviation and any advice for going to the flight doc or OBGYN for remedies?

j.kir

Anyone know if “floaters” in your vision (which can be spotted by eye doctors) is disqualifying for SNA? They’re only annoying, not prohibiting. Just a floating black/brown dot. Thanks for any input

j.kir

Anyone know if “floaters” in your vision (which can be spotted by eye doctors) is disqualifying for SNA? They’re only annoying, not prohibiting. Just a floating black/brown dot. Thanks for any input
There are old threads (2006ish) but they don’t have much of an answer regarding this, and could be outdated

sharkbait1

pilot
There are old threads (2006ish) but they don’t have much of an answer regarding this, and could be outdated
Not a FS. But if it doesn't severely impact your vision, and doesn't interfere with your ability to read a snellen chart, randot test (depth), and ishishara test (colorblindness), I think you'll be fine. (Pretty sure most people see these when looking up at a clear sky anyway)