• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Citadel-good NROTC program??

SlickAg

pilot
It's a great program, but it's extremely difficult as well. PM me and I'll send you some more specific answers.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
It's a great program, but it's extremely difficult as well. PM me and I'll send you some more specific answers.

SlickAg, I sent you 2 PMs and they have gone unresponded and it says you deleted one? I'm sorry if I was rude at all, I was just wondering... Not sure what else to say here...

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
And to finally update the actual post, The Citadel was just named by Newsweek as America's hottest military college.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
To anyone considering The Citadel as a school, shoot me a PM and I will fill you in on the reality. Unfortunately I cannot shed too much light on life as a Cadet, however I do go to school there and can answer a lot of your questions.

P.S. There is a reason why I won't post this info. here, publicly.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
MarineSSgt said:
Unfortunately I cannot shed too much light on life as a Cadet, however I do go to school there and can answer a lot of your questions.

P.S. There is a reason why I won't post this info. here, publicly.
Would you mind telling us why. We're not talking about a special operations mission here. If you happen to have so good information for people on this topic, I don't see why it can't be posted here. Or am I missing something?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Would you mind telling us why. We're not talking about a special operations mission here. If you happen to have so good information for people on this topic, I don't see why it can't be posted here. Or am I missing something?

MarineSSGT is probably a MECEP (Marine Enlisted Comminsioning Education Program). They attend day classes at the Citadel along with Navy ECP/STA21 guys but are not cadets.

As for this "There is a reason why I won't post this info. here, publicly.", I have no idea why that is necessary. It isn't like my alma mater holds the secret to the Holy Grail or getting the ladies...... :D

Navyfan06

pilot
I am a cadet at the Citadel, if you need any info let me know. I can answer almost any questions you may have.

USN99

USN99
None
About records at El Cid

Who holds the record for most demerits given to a Citadel Cadet who went on to actually graduate (and did not drop out or get dismissed)? :confused:

Navyfan06

pilot
There is nothing offical about who had the most demerits. But I have know a person or two to graduate after maxing out their demerit quota for the year. I knew one guy who walked about over 400 tours during his cadet career (1 tour=1 hour of walking with a rifle back and fourth in the quad area)

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Thats nothing until your friends are marching tours with 80 pound rucks in all of their free time to count as 2 and 3 for 1's to be elegible for graduation. :)

MarineAir

Future Naval Aviator
To say I'm surprised to see a thread about the citadel is an understatement. I was a cadet there, class of 2001, but never graduated. Finished freshman yr but didn't come back for sophomore because of financial constraints(regret it to this day but it was beyond my control). i'm curious. All you Citadel grads or current cadets here, what year did you or will you graduate and what co. were you in? I was in November CO.(company of pride),4th Battalion. As far as the NROTC programme goes, its definitely a solid programme with a lot of good instructors. The president of the college is a retired Marine Major General who is a West Point Grad. Also quite a few Navy/Marine Corps bases with a days drive from Charleston. I had a good time there and Charleston is definitely not a boring city. THe girls,mainly from College of Charleson, are amongst the best college chicks I've seen. Keep in mind I'm from the ultimate college town of Boston with all those colleges and the variety of girls they have attending them.
I knew one guy who walked about over 400 tours during his cadet career (1 tour=1 hour of walking with a rifle back and fourth in the quad area) Today 04:58 PM
Navyfan06, do you know what year that guy graduated? I knew someone from the class of '98(our seniors at the time)who spent every weekend of his 4 yrs walking tours.

ElCidAv8tor05

Any of you boys seen a VORTAC around here?
pilot
CItadel Grad

hey MarineAir,
- I graduated this year ('05) and was in Oscar company (long live The Zoo!) By the way, they just got a new President this year, he's a Citadel grad, Air Farce 3-star. funny thing is he was just the superintendant of that nasty "academy" (more like frat house if you ask me) in the Rockies (USAFA)

- I had a classmate when I was a knob who had over 700 tours, nearly 1000 cons and more demerits than I can count. (that is no joke) needless to say they asked him to not return after our knob year. AS far as I know, that's the record for most punishments. I've known several guys who have had 400+ tours but managed to graduate on time. nothing is funier than seeing a senior cadet walking tours 23 hours a day. makes me wonder how they did on their finals if they were walking instead of studying... of course they were business majors, so their senior year classes were pretty easy. Haha I keeeed.
-Seriously though, a good school, that is incredibly tough, but well worth it.

-"Easy"