• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Army's Latest

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The fact that they launched this at Joint Base Dix-McGuire-Lakehurst cracks me up...not sure it's quite the history you're looking for there guys...

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/10/armys-all-seeing-super-blimp-makes-debut-flight/?hpt=hp_c2

788px-Hindenburg_burning.jpg

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
What altitude do you suppose this guy hangs out at? I get that it's all about the sensors, but it's not very, eh...tactical.

KBayDog

The fact that they launched this at Joint Base Dix-McGuire-Lakehurst cracks me up...not sure it's quite the history you're looking for there guys...

True, they should have launched it at Santa Ana...or Tillamook...or Glynco...or Weeksville...or South Weymouth...or Richmond...or Houma...or Hitchcock... ;)

(I guess they could have used Moffett :confused:)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Those aerostat balloons are all over Afghanistan, as many of you know. Pretty smart concept for organic ISR, if you ask me.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As usual, the article comments do not disappoint.

A couple of the Grumman WSOs they have working on this thing came to our survival training last year. It was pretty hush-hush then.

Lawman

None
Those aerostat balloons are all over Afghanistan, as many of you know. Pretty smart concept for organic ISR, if you ask me.
Id like to see it taken a step further with those.

If they could put a PIM/PRF coded laser on the thing and actually work out a plan to guide weapons like the DAGR guided rocket they would effectively close a very large portion of area surrounding FOBs and COPs.