• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Air Boss wings his son...4th generation of naval aviators from one family

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Nice Tom (junior) was a few classes behind me in Meridian. Good guy, cool way to get your wings!

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Anyone else wonder what Tom III's chances were of getting jets when he showed up at primary?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Anyone else wonder what Tom III's chances were of getting jets when he showed up at primary?

I hope that you're implying that, being a fourth generation Naval Aviator, he has an innate ability to fly---and not that he received preferential treatment.

If it's the latter, stand by for the dogpile.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
He's an awesome guy and deserves to be where he is. Enough said.

I don't doubt it.

I hope that you're implying that, being a fourth generation Naval Aviator, he has an innate ability to fly---and not that he received preferential treatment.

If it's the latter, stand by for the dogpile.

I'm not implying anything...just askin' a question. I know plenty of Admiral's sons that don't fly jets.

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
70ish year old wings? Awesome.
Very. I googled "1940's Naval Aviator wings". They potentially now look like this:
004.jpg

003.jpg

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Did anyone else notice the uniform the guy was wearing around 2:05 in the video? I dont think I have ever seen whites like that before. To me it looked like SDBs but with white material... Is that guy a foreign student?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Did anyone else notice the uniform the guy was wearing around 2:05 in the video? I dont think I have ever seen whites like that before. To me it looked like SDBs but with white material... Is that guy a foreign student?

That's a frenchie

VT-7 trains all French fixed wing Naval Aviators

D_Rob

Lead LTJG

He scoops a mean Banana Split too!

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Very. I googled "1940's Naval Aviator wings". They potentially now look like this:
004.jpg

003.jpg

Those are awesome. [Threadjack] Is it kosher to wear antique wings that aren't gifted? Like if you found a set on the secondhand market? [/TJ]

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Those are awesome. [Threadjack] Is it kosher to wear antique wings that aren't gifted? Like if you found a set on the secondhand market? [/TJ]

If they weren't gifted, nor family, I personally wouldn't ever wear them.

As for Tom, he's a good dude. I had heard stories from people of McCain's era who said McCain was a bit of a handful when he went through training. You would never know who Tom's Dad is, and I never saw him pull that card.