• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The 3 mile run

riley

The PFT course at TBS wasn't exactly "reasonably level ground." So, it could follow that the OCS course isn't exactly 3 miles.

Johnny_Danger

So what's the deal?

So the REAL PFT at OCS is going to be 3.2 mile and up-hill all the way? LOL.

Seriously though, that's going to add over a minute or more to anyone who's training 3.0 on level ground right?

Crowbar

None
2.8 to 3.2 was created by some belligerent punk who missed getting promoted by a few points, so instead of taking responsibility for his actions i.e. not doing MCIs, not taking any college courses, having 4.1/4.1 pro cons, he blames the Marine Corps for his screw up. "Yeah, well, I would have gotten promoted to Corporal but I missed the cutting score because I only got a 185 PFT. But it's not my fault, that last PFT screwed me because the course was too long."

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87193&postcount=24

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I guess that attempt at a joke didn't transfer over the intarweb too well...

Just assume it was funny and laugh.

:)

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
When I went to ocs the avg was 18:30-19:30, I was at 18:30.

I play college baseball and we're required to run a mile under 6 at any time any place, and we're usually gassed after we do it... either 18:30-19:30 is insane or alot of baseball payers are lazy.

Both.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I played college baseball and I will go with baseball players are lazy.

Nonetheless, that is rough if the avg. is between 18:30-19:30. At best, I will be at 20-21 come 191, and that is a stretch.

SgtUSMC

I am guessing the only difference between running the PFT course wherever you and your OSO do it and running it at Quantico is the adrenile of that initial PFT is probably going to have you so pumped you will run your a** off.

It is all mental. I just finally decided to apply for OCC 191 Oct. 10 and am already looking at a 260 or better probably in just the PTing I have been doing for a month, and I don't have some great genetic potential or anything. So if you have been PTing for a while your lungs and legs are probably conditioned to handle a good pace, especially if you are regarly running twice the distance at the same pace as you do a PFT.

If you don't feel like you are going to collapse and pass out in a pile of your own vomit when you cross that finish line then you are not running fast enough.

S/F

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
One thing about OCS PFT's: They are a ***** to run. You are constantly tripping over other candidates and trying to pass people on a dirt road. That's only when running with one company. Our final was with two companies...forget about it. They'll say rabbits should get up front, if you have any desire to run faster than 19:30, you'd better start in front.

Crowbar

None
One thing about OCS PFT's: They are a ***** to run. You are constantly tripping over other candidates and trying to pass people on a dirt road. That's only when running with one company. Our final was with two companies...forget about it. They'll say rabbits should get up front, if you have any desire to run faster than 19:30, you'd better start in front.

Wait a second...haven't you already been commissioned? Who are you to question the wisdom of someone who is applying for OCS?!?

FLY_USMC

pilot
I am guessing the only difference between running the PFT course wherever you and your OSO do it and running it at Quantico is the adrenile of that initial PFT is probably going to have you so pumped you will run your a** off.S/F

I thought the same thing, but it is quite the opposite, by that time you take the PFT you are so tired carrying your crap around from the butt crack of dawn on, getting nearly no sleep, and if your like me, I already had the candidate crud, so my adrenaline had already backed up it's bags and gone home.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Wait a second...haven't you already been commissioned? Who are you to question the wisdom of someone who is applying for OCS?!?

Actually no, I commission this May. However, OCS is the one place I can honestly say, 'been there, done that'.