• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The 3 mile run

SgtUSMC

Man, I am already getting goofed on I huh?

I was just trying to offer some words of encouragement, I certainly have not been through OCS yet, but I did run a couple PFTs over my five years of active duty.

S/F

FLY_USMC

pilot
If you're talking about me, nah man I'm not hating, that is just how my experience with the initial PFT was, it's all good.

SpeedyJ

SNA, Meridian
E6286 said:
LoL, I am trying to speed up but I am not having much luck. It doesn't make sense either bc I am a skinny 160lbs, standing around 5'11''.
Have you looked into doing speed work training days to increase your speed? My wife is a big runner and had me doing them before I went to OCS a couple years back. It took my time down from about 24:00 to around 20:00 in about two and a half months. I got even faster at OCS (around 19:20). I don't remember the exact workout regiment we did but we went to a high school track and did sprints for a certain distance, followed by jogging for a a lap, then sprints, then jog, etc. You could probably look on runnerworld.com for a good speed work plan. They have a very good forum just like this, a great place to get advice. Just running three miles at a time and trying to run faster will not work as well as doing speed specific workouts.