• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thanks alot fellas....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGreenLantern

Well, tommorrow is D-Day. I will be strapping em' up and ready to take the test. Just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who helped me prepare and answer my questions. Thank You.

peace out....

Da Lantern....

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good Luck! I hope you blew it out of the water. :) Make sure to keep us posted!

DaGreenLantern

Unofficial Results are in....kinda low but good enough to put in my package for NFO....51 OAR...Two 6's and a 7.....Thanks again to everyone, your help gave me an advantage. The gouge was an excellent resource. I could have done better because I didn't even finish two sections in the time frame. The proctor would come in and say pencil down...and that was that; no "2 min to go" or anything. On the S/A part, much harder than in the Arco book, I didn't even bubble in the last 6, but I still did well enough on the ones I did do (almost perfect!!). Again, I am greatful to all and I am 1 step closer. Everyone that helped made their Navy a little bit stronger today....

peace out...

Da Lantern

I actually took the test today as well and agree that the SA portion of the test is a lot harder than the practice ARCO books. I took the ARCO practice test once w/ a timer and only missed 1 with 3:00 minutes left. I finished the whole SA section on the ASTB but ended up missing around 5 or so.

Just FYI, I took Form I and that monkey problem was on it...very glad I read this thread before taking it :) Also, the practice ASTB on this site is very very similar to the actual test. In fact, they mainly just change the numbers and situation around. If you are about to take the ASTB, study the practice test (PDF file) on this site and make sure you understand every problem. Don't waste your time with the ARCO book except to get a feel for the SA section, it's totally worthless (the questions on the ARCO test are much harder than the actual ASTB while the PDF on this site is almost identical)

Unofficial scores 7/7/6 OAR 57

Yeah, I am. My recruiter said that w/ my GPA (CS 3.65) I'd need a 55 or 60 to be competitive. Hopefully everything goes well! :)

DaGreenLantern

Hey everyone...thanx for everything you guys and gals did for me. I am sorry to say that I am no longer in the pipeline for OCS. My recruiter just recieved my transcripts from school today and told me that my 2.5 cumm GPA wasn't good enough and that I would never get selected even though my GPA within my major is a 3.2. Im pretty bummed out...I feel kinda chitty actually...but I guess that's how it rolls. I won't be back to this site...obviously....but I wish everyone all the best...

peace out...

john m

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
John~
I hope you come back to at least read this... I don't think you should give up. Talk to a different recruiter and talk to all of the branches to see if you could be competitive. I think your recruiter is being pretty rash and I would at least try . Don't give up!

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
crysmc said:
John~
I hope you come back to at least read this... I don't think you should give up. Talk to a different recruiter and talk to all of the branches to see if you could be competitive. I think your recruiter is being pretty rash and I would at least try . Don't give up!

No Joke, dude! My GPA is ~2.1 and my ASTB scores are 7/9/7 with an OAR of 51, which I suppose is okay, but I am not giving up! Find a new recruiter and work to get your GPA up! And remember it is the whole package thing! If you get gunned down, apply again, and again and again and again, bettering your self each time, until they take you!

Best Regards and Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.