• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Tesla Autopilot and similar automated driving systems get poor rating from prominent safety group

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Another convert joins the Tesla club at work. One of our Reservists picked up his new Cyber Truck. I'm parked next to him.in my Model 3.

Drives the point that smart people are throwing bank at T E S L A 👍

F-16 dude, Test Pilot School dude and flies for Widget Airlines with @mad dog (edited)

PXL_20240522_135955230.MP.jpg

PXL_20240522_140011624.MP.jpg

Last edited:

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
That thing looks like a 5 year old designed it, with multiple obvious flaws. I have weighed in on this already elsewhere on the forum.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say in 5 years your buddy will be driving something else. In the meantime, enjoy your fanboism.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
By now, I’m kinda surprised that Chuck isn’t telling us all how awesome Scientology is.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

At $80K for the mid-tier model ($60K for RWD only), it's a face only a cognitive bias could love. Gotta keep up with the cool kids, right?

You can get a whole lotta Chevy, Ford, or Toyota truck for $60K, even in today's dollars, and all without contributing to Lithium strip mines. Bonus is they also look better and function better as a pickup truck.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
On paper it’s not terrible for the price and advertised features, if an EV is your desire, but sounds like in implementation the truck isn’t very reliable/ isn’t as advertised. Maybe they will fix it in future models.

I’ve gotten to see a few in person and they definitely look odd/futuristic, which is probably a draw for some.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can get a whole lotta Chevy, Ford, or Toyota truck for $60K, even in today's dollars, and all without contributing to Lithium strip mines. Bonus is they also look better and function better as a pickup truck.

Which are worse than oil extraction? It's a kind of 'pick your poison' dilemma, literally.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Which are worse than oil extraction? It's a kind of 'pick your poison' dilemma, literally.

Isn't splitting hairs on the environmental impact of a personal vehicle just a tad ironic on this forum?

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
For pointy nosed bubbas, maybe. I can count on one hand the number of times I've dumped fuel 😁
pouring-one-out-crying.gif

for the sea turtles