• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tendonitis or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I donated blood about 2 wks. ago and I think they pinched a nerve, then when I was working out that sunday I think I pulled a muscle in my wrist/forearm area. I have like a popping in my the muscle of my wrist. I took off pull-ups for a week and then did them the other day. There was no pain, other than an initial kinda pull/pop feeling when I started. Now my wrist feels goofy again and makes this kinda tearing feeling. It doesn't hurt, just feels awkward. Are my alright to do pull-ups still? Is the armstrong too intense for right now? I was at 21 pull-ups before this and now I was only able to do 16 the other day. I have my PFT coming up and I dont want to hurt my score but I also don't want to injure myself anymore. Any recommendations?

P.S. Sorry my description is so bad. Its hard to explain a feeling.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I say "Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning"...

Seriously, if you think it's bad, see a Dr, before it gets worse...whatever it is. This forum is not the most unbaised (or best) place for medical advice.

cheers,
G

Aviator4000

E6286 said:
I donated blood about 2 wks. ago and I think they pinched a nerve, then when I was working out that sunday I think I pulled a muscle in my wrist/forearm area. I have like a popping in my the muscle of my wrist. I took off pull-ups for a week and then did them the other day. There was no pain, other than an initial kinda pull/pop feeling when I started. Now my wrist feels goofy again and makes this kinda tearing feeling. It doesn't hurt, just feels awkward. Are my alright to do pull-ups still? Is the armstrong too intense for right now? I was at 21 pull-ups before this and now I was only able to do 16 the other day. I have my PFT coming up and I dont want to hurt my score but I also don't want to injure myself anymore. Any recommendations?

P.S. Sorry my description is so bad. Its hard to explain a feeling.

See an orthopedic surgeon/sports medicine doc asap. If it is partially torn you will most likely only make it worse if you apply pressure to it. It is likely the doc will get you in within a day or two so I would get on the horn like yesterday. Tendinitis can lead to tears, not a good thing at all.

I am O positive so my blood is in demand, this scares the hell out of me from donating anymore.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
I'm no doctor, but I've wasted a lot of my life running long-distance, so I've seen many injuries...

Generally, the advice I've always heard is that if you have a joint which pops at odd moments, it's no biggie as long as it doesn't hurt when it pops. Probably your cartilage slid slightly and have a little trapped air in there...

I know it's weird... my ankle had the same feeling for about six months when I started speed training-- saw two physical therapists and that was the advice they gave me.

But by all means, do see a doc and have him take a look. Can't hurt.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Speaking of giving blood...I'm O- and used to donate a lot.

Had not done it in a few years and when i went to donate at USNA recently....damn if they didn't want to nearly run an SSBI-PR on me...they seriously wanted every foreign county I ever visited and exact dates going back...get this...forever.....YGTBSM.

Lets see seven deployments....26 countires...arghhhh skip it...too hard.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Yeah, I heard something similar.

I spent about 14 years overseas during high school, and I remember at one point (when? WTF knows?) the State Department saying you lived in the wrong place at the wrong time and you can never donate blood... go figure...

I guess that should put my hair on end, huh? ; )

Cate

Pretty much invincible
I donated blood last week with the Red Cross, and list of questions was almost amusing. "Have you had sex with a man who's had sex with a man who's had sex with a woman who's had sex with a farm animal in exchange for drugs or money in Cameroon since 1977..." But they seem to be relaxing their standards a bit, probably because of the current blood shortage. I used to practically have to do calculus to sort out my time spent abroad, and now they just want to know if I've spent five years in the UK.

DCLegal

Rhino Pilot Wife
Thank God I don't have to worry...I can't give blood. I give more then one tube for blood tests and I see sparkles.

Status
Not open for further replies.