• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS weekend travel

motiv8r

I have a question for anyone who has been to TBS or is there now

I'm reporting to Alpha in Nov. My girlfriend goes to school in Boston. Do you think there is a realistic chance that I will be able to fly up to Boston once every 3 or 4 weekends while at TBS (assuming I don't fail anything and have to go remedial)? I figure if I can do that and she can come down 2 weekends a month it won't be that bad. I'm aware that Boston is "out of bounds" and would require commander's permission; I'm thinking more in terms of, is it going to be a challenge vis-a-vis training schedule/duty platoon etc.

thanks

moto

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I just flew back all the way to WA state to see my fiance over the last 96. You have to put in a out-of-bounds request chit through the chain of command which needs to be approved by your CO or XO. There is a proper format so make sure you have that right ... ask around, people will tell you where to get it. I know they can help you with it for sure in the Mike Co office. Im not sure how they are with regular weekends vs 96s, etc ... but Im sure it wont be a problem being that Boston isnt that far ... like WA state. Good luck, see ya in Nov. Ill be picking up with Alpha too

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
honestly...no...you will only drain yourself down...your weekend is there to rest and recoup, I knew guys who would travel less distance than that and after two weeks of that they were hurting...besides I don't know an SPC who would authorize more than maybe one trip to Boston in maybe two months...

She is going to have to deal with you being gone for a while at a time, now is a good start. I know it sucks and you will have Christmas and a few 96s that you might be able to do but on a weekend...sorry but I doubt it will happen...

All the best and let us know what happens...oh and I was with Alpha this past year...

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
First of all, like you said, you'd have to submit an out-of-bounds chit and get permission from your SPC and Co. Cmdr. If your request passes the "sanity check", then they'll let you go. But that all depends on what kind of training is going on, whether you'll be in the field the next week, etc. I'll tell you right now that I can't see them allowing you doing it every three or four weekends, but each staff is different. That's also likely to get pretty expensive, as well.

If I were you, and this is merely a suggestion, find a place in the middle where the two of you can meet up (Baltimore, NYC, Philly). Since those cities are all inbounds, it might work out better for you.

Hope that helps.