• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Schedule Meanings

ghost12345

Hi,
I'm a girlfriend of a marine officer currently going through Bravo Company 06 TBS and I wanted to come visit him during my spring break. I was look at the shedule of what he will be doing during that week. It is week 9 and it says WEAPONS / ENGR FFEX. Does anyone know what that means? Does that mean he is going to be in the field the whole time? Thanks for the help!

RyanVR

i'd bet on 3 or 4 of those days for him being out in the field completely coming back late in the week on thursday or friday but still having things to do each day as usual until around 17 or 1800.

2nd Lt. Von Rembow
Alpha Company

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
That FFEX is a one day thing. I think we had it on a Friday morning, and were back in by a relatively decent hour. The bulk of the week is made up of classes preparing you you for the day out at the demo range. That said, the schedule here is pretty shaky... things get added, changed, and delayed all the time. You should be okay, but keep in mind that you may find yourself waiting around for him to be secured in the evenings-

-also, different companies do things differently... Fox was out for 1 day, while Bravo's CO could opt for something totally different. Something else to think about.

Malice 1

pilot
Me and RyanVR are both in alpha company. The latest we have ever gone into work is 630am, and the earliest we have ever gotten out is 630pm. We usually get out at about 730-830pm. If you come to visit, don't plan on seeing him that much.

Personally, I would save the airfare money and wait till graduation. You will be pretty bummed out when you buy a $400 plane ticket and spend $$$ on hotel rooms for the week so you can see your BF for 1hr or less per night.

ghost12345

No I know that during the week is crazy. I'm planning on coming Thursday night and staying until Sunday night. That is why I was wondering if they were going to be out in the field on Thursday night.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
We were not in the field overnight. You go out to the range in the morning, get some field instruction, blow some things up, sit behind bunkers while they blow some more things up, and then listen from a distance as more things are blown up. Finally, you walk back to O'Bannon Hall and head for the Hawk. Again, you'll want to have him look into the specifics, as the program varies from one company to the next. Worst case scenario- you miss out on Thursday night ,but have a full weekend with no TBS obligations. Best of luck-