• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Schedule (Late 2007 - 2008?)

Conaway

Has anyone heard anything about the backups and if so, could you provide a some sort of a timeline? I'm in 196 right now, about to start week 7, and curious what the down low is right now?

jdakota

My buddy just got there and he said at least 30 guys got rolled back. I guess everyone with a 240 PFT and below and then a few others got screwed. I'm trying to pick up with the April class but still waiting to hear back. Anyone else?

SETX07

Yeah i'm here in Alpha now and a lot did get rolled back, mostly because of PT. Word going around here is that 450 Lt's are showing up for Bravo. Right now Alpha only has 300 and we're six to a room.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
My buddy just got there and he said at least 30 guys got rolled back. I guess everyone with a 240 PFT and below and then a few others got screwed. I'm trying to pick up with the April class but still waiting to hear back. Anyone else?

Not trying to smash any bags or anything but if you don't have a higher than 240 PFT coming straight out of OCS or college when you have tons of time then something is wrong. I don't blame them for jumping some people if thats the case. My company had an average of 260 or better with very few exceptions.

TheFurr7198

You got to be careful though when you get here because some of the Mike company Lt's will screw you over on form. I did 22 pullups got 19, and did about 95 crunches and got 76 and it was for stupid stuff. They were a little to extra moto and I wasn't the only one they did it to though. I still got into training, I just know that I run better than a 245.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
You got to be careful though when you get here because some of the Mike company Lt's will screw you over on form. I did 22 pullups got 19, and did about 95 crunches and got 76 and it was for stupid stuff. They were a little to extra moto and I wasn't the only one they did it to though. I still got into training, I just know that I run better than a 245.

Yeah, understandable...

My favorite story about a Mike Co Lt was doing a working party for a new company's initial E course. A Mike Co Lt was organizing it...aparently he got recycled twice fairly early on...not hard to see why after how it went...

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
All the 2007 grad PLC-lawyers just got an email from MCRC stating that B Co and C Co '08 were already full, and to anticipate TBS class dates beginning in May or June. Your mileage might vary coming out of OCC though, since my guess would be that a lot of TBS slots in those two companies are reserved for anticipated OCC grads. If that's the case, a little extra attrition out of the next couple of OCC classes would be appreciated :icon_smil.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Yeah i'm here in Alpha now and a lot did get rolled back, mostly because of PT. Word going around here is that 450 Lt's are showing up for Bravo. Right now Alpha only has 300 and we're six to a room.

Holy crap!! Rifle range is going to SUCK for them! I was in Alpha (2000), we had ~250 and I thought that was a lot.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Our SPC told us that Bravo is expected to have more than 400 Lts! I am just glad I got in and out when I did.

penderwt

yut king
Bravo company - Jan '08

I've heard a whole bunch of scuttlebutt on this from my OSO, OCC-196 grads, fellow PTAD warriors, and current TBS students. Here's what I got.

OCC-196 made ~ 295-300 new 2nd Lt.s

Mike Co Currently has ~ 80 Lt.s (I'm really not sure about that number). jdakota mentioned the "at least 30" students rolled for PFT, and I'm sure there are others who have been put in Mike for other reasons from Alpha or elsewhere. Does anyone have a better idea about how many Lt.s are in Mike/how many of those are scheduled to pick up with Bravo?

There are **from what I hear** about 150 2nd Lts on PTAD with OSOs around the country. My particular office has 3. Add to this any ROTC Mids who had a victory lap (extra quarter / semester / trimester), and that's all 150+ 2nd Lt.s not currently in Quantico, who are awaiting TBS.

I heard that TBS/MCRC may decide to leave some of the PTAD Lt.s on PTAD until Charlie picks up in April, seeing as how there are currently more than 500 Lt.s with orders to a class with a capacity of 300. Granted, there will be Lt.s that are broken, will be checking in with lousy physical fitness, will get in some kind of trouble, check in late, the list goes on. So, of course they'll want more than 300 to show up. It just seems excessive to put over 200 2nd Lt.s in mike company.

I don't mean to start the rumor mill, I just wanted to share what I'd heard and see if you all had heard the same/different....whhhiich I guess means I want to start the rumor mill. In case I haven't done enough disclaiming, I want to reiterate that most of this post is 2nd or 3rd hand information, and the rest is probably just not true.

VIZKRIEG

KILL
This may not seem like it, and may be forward of me to be thinking about TBS at this point, since I'm slated to go to OCC-197, but I just heard, and confirmed on the OCS website, that they moved our reporting date from 27 January, to 18 January. The new projected graduation date is 28 March. Does anyone on here have any insight regarding this? Days between OCS and TBS (I still can't find the Charlie 08 report dates anywhere.). Just throwing it out there to see what other info anyone else might have.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
This may not seem like it, and may be forward of me to be thinking about TBS at this point, since I'm slated to go to OCC-197, but I just heard, and confirmed on the OCS website, that they moved our reporting date from 27 January, to 18 January. The new projected graduation date is 28 March. Does anyone on here have any insight regarding this? Days between OCS and TBS (I still can't find the Charlie 08 report dates anywhere.). Just throwing it out there to see what other info anyone else might have.

They moved 196 from 11OCT to 22SEP and ended up either A) giving us leave and allowing us to go in the hole or B) giving everyone PTAD - Your choice. I assume they'll do something similar but you never know.

rwstelma

Viz,

I just heard from the Captain Chaput that there is an error on the OCS website and that the real report date for 197 is 19 Jan.

jostuar1

Do you have to live in the barracks during TBS or can you live either off base or somewhere of your own choosing? If you live somewhere other than the provided barracks housing will you get BAH?