• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS orders

wide_awake04

Hello,

I've been lurking for a couple years now, and I think this is my first post (yea!).

Situation: I'm graduating and commissioning spring, and just got orders for Jun. 24th TBS start date.

Problem: I requested a later start date for various reasons: to include traveling with new wife (save the ranting), and bbq'ing with friends and family for my last summer home. Obviously that didn't happen.

Question: I have already sent a request to get the date changed to Sept. 11th. My OSO doesn't know if it will work or not (his first season). So, is there anything else I can do to improve my chances of getting the new start date? What are the chances of getting a new date? Has anyone else done it or heard of someone doing it?

Thanks for any info and years of previous info!

S/F

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor
Hello,

I've been lurking for a couple years now, and I think this is my first post (yea!).

Situation: I'm graduating and commissioning spring, and just got orders for Jun. 24th TBS start date.

Problem: I requested a later start date for various reasons: to include traveling with new wife (save the ranting), and bbq'ing with friends and family for my last summer home. Obviously that didn't happen.

Question: I have already sent a request to get the date changed to Sept. 11th. My OSO doesn't know if it will work or not (his first season). So, is there anything else I can do to improve my chances of getting the new start date? What are the chances of getting a new date? Has anyone else done it or heard of someone doing it?

Thanks for any info and years of previous info!

S/F

You can show up late in the day on your report date, like sometime in the afternoon. Then you'll likely get stashed in Mike Company for awhile, at which point you could take leave.

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
You can show up late in the day on your report date, like sometime in the afternoon. Then you'll likely get stashed in Mike Company for awhile, at which point you could take leave.

You can either take leave, or request PTAD with your OSO from Mike Co. Depending on where they are in the rotation, you could very well get that. Right now, they're trying to balance out the system, since the student companies increased to 300 Lts, the system is backed up. With the standing up of Golf Co (the new 8th student company), it could very well even things out so you could pick up right away. TBS is working through a lot of changes right now, so it's all up in the air.

Logitech288

Wide Awake,

How'd you get your orders so soon? Are you PLC? When was your college grad date? I was told not to expect to see orders until mid-May.

Col Angus

pilot
I doubt the Marine Corps will have much sympathy for wanting to travel with your wife and barbecue with friends. I suggest you get your ass through TBS and into the fleet. We need the ODOs.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Could be worse (or better I guess depending on how you look at it), know a few soon-to-be 2nd Lt's, who were less than thrilled about reporting to TBS 10 days after commissioning - now they are set to ship 6 months after commissioning.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Could be worse (or better I guess depending on how you look at it), know a few soon-to-be 2nd Lt's, who were less than thrilled about reporting to TBS 10 days after commissioning - now they are set to ship 6 months after commissioning.

And the pay doesn't start for them until they report, correct? Ouch, guess its good for them they have all summer to mow lawns.

VIZKRIEG

KILL
I am going OCC-198 this summer. When do we get our orders, ID's, etc.? I know we are directly Active Duty commissions, but not exactly how it all works out.