• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS O-Course Vid

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Just run it twice...it is a lot of fun...and not that hard once you get the technique down...

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
I got to try one. Somehow I had more trouble with the 1st bar "college boy roll" than anything else. It's fun, though, like a jungle gym for adults. Wish I had one in my backyard.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I do sometimes wish I had an O-course to run around on. Jungle gym for grown-ups indeed. I'm tempted to do so on the scaffolding around the city but it's hard finding a deserted one where I won't clock anyone in the head. Guess I'll have to get up earlier.

hisairness

Doing it twice with a jog in between takes alot more endurance and strength. It kicked my butt the first few times I ran the double, I was dead at the end.

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
I may be mistaken but the time range was 3 minutes for max score, 5 minutes was minimum passing score for the double O-course.

Barret

The Lt. that is navigating the right side to the O-Course finished in 1:03. Is that pretty good? (By the way, I counted 1:03 by starting when the Instructors says "Go!", and when the Lt. on the right slaps the top of the log the rope is hanging from.)

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
The Lt. that is navigating the right side to the O-Course finished in 1:03. Is that pretty good? (By the way, I counted 1:03 by starting when the Instructors says "Go!", and when the Lt. on the right slaps the top of the log the rope is hanging from.)

Yes; the record is ~50 seconds at OCS.

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
Just run it twice...it is a lot of fun...and not that hard once you get the technique down...

We did the o course 7 times in a row in one haze fest/pt event here at TBS this summer. That was in addition to LZ drills for an hour and running with a casualty and litter.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Yes; the record is ~50 seconds at OCS.

42 seconds....last summer. I believe it was someone from Kilo but I dont really remember all that well. We tried to beat it at the field meet this summer. I think someone from Alpha got like 50 seconds or so.