• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS living quarters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pridgen

Uh, where do you live? haha That may sound kinda stupid but I was thinking about it the other day and ... well is it in Barracks or is in just housing on base?

I mean, 6 months is a long time to be in a barracks, although here at school, Virginia Military Institute, I am doing it for 4 years, so I guess another 6 months won't kill me haha

Thanks

Rainman

pilot
I guess it's like a college dorm. You share with another guy and a "brown bagger" who lives with his wife somplace else (place for him to crash during late night ops). So college dorm sized.. .three racks. . bathroom in your room to share and inspect. Lots of cupboards.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Yep... it definetely is like a college dorm room. I would like to add that when you move into your BOQ room you shouldn't take more with you than you can fit into one car. It's essential to have a computer with a printer, and a photocopier will be worth it's weight in Gold.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
How about dimensions my dorm is a 10 x 13 cell so I hope that you get more space than that. Anybody have any pics or know where to find them?

usmcwife3

Here Killer2... some interior pics

Attachments

• boq2.jpg
    boq2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 533
  • boq3.jpg
    boq3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 464
  • boq4.jpg
    boq4.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 528

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
Yeah, and how many get married just so they can get their own place? Might just be worth it...

Also, how do they assign roomates? Randomly?
And, if you go to mike co. do you stay in the same room throughout tbs as well or get a new one when you pick up with you training company?

Taxman2A

War were declared.
dvl_dog_2531_90 said:
How often do TBS students deal w/field days, room inspections, and the usual nonsense?

You will field day every Thursday. At first inspections will be a complete pain in the ass... For the first week in my platoon noone passed field day (not even the salty priors). As time went on it got more and more lax. Eventually (week 9 or 10) my SPC put it on the student billet holders to inspect and then report to him. At this point (week 19) we don't get inspected anymore, but we field day still happens (supposedly) Thursday nights. Keep in mind that this is all SPC dependant. You may have an SPC that still reams you and makes you stand inspections on saturday week 23 (and yes this did actually happen to the last company). You may also get an SPC who doesn't really inspect from day 1 as well.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
semperfi1812 said:
Also, how do they assign roomates? Randomly?
And, if you go to mike co. do you stay in the same room throughout tbs as well or get a new one when you pick up with you training company?

Roommate selection is random. If you are in Mike Company you can enjoy the reality of being told you are moving every two weeks. Your roommates will switch all the time until you get into week 1 or 2 of training with a real company (anything other than mike), and only then will your roommates pretty much be locked until you graduate.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
What are the rooms like exactly? Can you bring a TV, computer, etc? Is there internet access/cable tv ports? Can anybody give some good info as to what we should bring vs. what we should leave at home? I'm headed to TBS in September (hopefully) and it just dawned on me that I really have no clue what I should bring with me.

SFgirl

Hey PSno23!

I am not sure how much good this will be, but I have helped two people pack for TBS now (BF and good friend) and am pretty sure of what they kept, bought or wished they hadn't :)

Everyone has a TV, DVD or something like that... the rooms have fridges and some microwaves I think if one was left there or something.. from what I can gather, having a laptop and printer is a must in each room... I think you can get a cable modem, but most people just use the phone line to connect... Don't bring a Foreman or anything like that though... My friend regretted that packing decision... Somebody else can probably give you better info on the day to day stuff like clothing, but from what I understand bring going out clothes because you will be almost every weekend :)

Hope I helped a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.