• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Gear

NapalmRat

Is there anything that I should bring to TBS that's not on the gear list? Like those little red light head lamps that became hot stuff in OCS? Just wondering now before I get there and all the other Lt.'s buy everything out from every store within 50 miles.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
I wouldn't sweat it dude. Your company will probably have specific requirements for gear. You'll be able to get everything you need without too much trouble.

-Paul

Raptor2216

You won't have trouble finding everything you need locally but if you are motivated enough, I would definately recommend that you buy the headlamp. Walmart sells one that has both red and white capabilities...I suggest that you buy that one...it will make your life a little easier.

wrk

You'll have about 3 months to figure out excatly what you need, so don't worry about it. Plus, if you can't find what you need in Stafford/Garrisonville, you can always go up around DC and find what you need.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
You'll soon discover the Scholar Ship store in G'ville. Be prepared to spend a month's salary on lamination, mapping supplies, 5-para skeleton cards, etc. Very nice people there, and they have a whole TBS section.

wrk

You'll soon discover the Scholar Ship store in G'ville. Be prepared to spend a month's salary on lamination, mapping supplies, 5-para skeleton cards, etc. Very nice people there, and they have a whole TBS section.

I don't think I ever even used that stupid book in the field, and a whole lot of good it's doing me now in flight school. Well at least the people at the Scholar Ship can send their kids to college.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You guys still need the scholarship? I would think all those orders would now be on MS word and be widely disseminated. get some adhesive lamination and you are in business.

wrk

I don't think anyone would want to hand laminate every page of the platoon leader's tactical handbook, or whatever it's called.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
The Basic School, google will tell you everything you need to know.

Gotta say, bit of a jack/ss...funny as hell though...and always good idea for initial questions...

I have tried to learn what TBS is and can't. Little help?

Ok, a little help for you...

TBS
Wiki
Making of a Marine
Marine.com
Answers.com

I think that should be a good start...and just for good measure do a search on here and read what you find...

wrk

Gotta say, bit of a jack/ss...funny as hell though...and always good idea for initial questions...

I'm not quite sure how what I said was being a jackass. I checked to make sure that when you type "The Basic School" into google the first thing that comes up is the Marine Corps' website for TBS, before I posted. I figured that the problem was not knowing what the acronym TBS stood for, so I answered that, and then finding out what TBS is should be simple from there. Next time someone asks a fairly simple question, I'll provide 6 links, and an annotated bibliography for further reading. ;)

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I'm not quite sure how what I said was being a jackass. I checked to make sure that when you type "The Basic School" into google the first thing that comes up is the Marine Corps' website for TBS, before I posted. I figured that the problem was not knowing what the acronym TBS stood for, so I answered that, and then finding out what TBS is should be simple from there. Next time someone asks a fairly simple question, I'll provide 6 links, and an annotated bibliography for further reading. ;)

:icon_tong Ok, I was under the impression that they knew what TBS stood for and were just looking for information about what goes on there...thus...anyway...

wrk

Well if you type TBS into google, all you get is the TV station and some other junk, so I figured that was the problem.

See, I'm not a jerk, contrary to what one person in particular thinks. Though he'd probably use a stronger word than jerk.