• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Endurance Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by jboomer
I'm one of those that were laid up in the CP during the war. I broke my leg the Sunday before the war. I worked radios and was the "convoy" commander--working resupply and moving groups around in the field. They still made me Platoon Sgt (although I was on crutches with a cast up to my crotch) for the final 3 weeks.

Yeah, that's right. You were MY platoon sergeant. . . good freaking times. I sprained the old ankle at the end of a good old rifle range sprint (hump). Could go pretty good on it with a brace after two weeks . . it was just good timing . .cause we were in the classroom a bunch. As long as you can limp around for FEXs there really aren't that many graded physical events. Hopefully you can be healthy for those and the 20 mile hump and the war. Good to go.

el_bastardo

Originally posted by Rayman
Gentlemen,
What does TBS stand for? Sorry for the dumb Q.

What it really stands for:
The Big Suck
Thousands Being Stupid
The Body Softener
Trainees Being Saluted
Time Between Saturdays
Ten Thousand Boring Slides
Thousand Boneheaded Second Lieutenants
The Big Shaft

Taxman2A

War were declared.
It was replaced with a 15 miler...
Also, the packing list for the E-Course got lighter; specifically, we no longer run with it with flak vests, and we use a patrol pack instead of full molle pack. This easily makes a 5 minute difference over that long run. MUCH fewer Lt's fail the course than previously.

farkle84

motivating e-course. awesome. christmas leave is awesome too. taxman, you picking up with us in artic alpha or bravo?

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Arctic Alpha on 26 January (if all goes well). That's when you all start MCMAP. Believe me-- I'm ready to get the F*@# out of Mike company and start training!

kwb7463

How do you differ from other Lt’s. while at the basic school? I would imagine that there is far less stress on those who already have their mos guranteed. Also, tons of my new cammies are torn to hell from OCS. Should I simply patch them the best I can and bring them to TBS, or should I go out any buy all new?

Taxman2A

War were declared.
I'm actually a ground contract, so I couldn't say what it's like to be an air contract. The current way that ground MOS's are assigned is so screwy that you can't do much other than try your best and hope to get lucky. Unless you are sh*t hot enough to be one of the top 10 graduates MOS assignment is very random, and isn't something that is worth stressing out over.

As for cammies-- you should have at least one serviceable pair of cammies for when you are in garrison, but save your torn up ones for the field. You will spend alot of time in the field at TBS and if you don't currently have tears in your cammies you will soon have some. I know one Lt who went to the naval academy (therefore didn't get issued 4 pairs of cammies at OCS) and did all of TBS up through the FEXes with only 2 pairs of cammies (one field and one garrison), so you certainly don't need to spend too much money on cammies.

Status
Not open for further replies.