• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS check in

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Well ...... I'd rather check in wearing Alphas and get laughed at by a few Lts then check in wearing something else and get POUNCED on by some senior officer. While it might be unlikely .... thats how things generally tend to turn out. The one time u decide ... hey **** it ..... you get nailed.

Peace,

-Spin

Spin

SNA in Meridian
DocT said:
Just curious, has anyone here ever worn the barracks cover with alphas? If so it can't be very often.

One of my boyz checked in to MATSG (API) with the barracks cover .... there was nothing wrong with it ... (hehe), but we messed with him ALL DAY .... it was pretty funny ... probably more so because of his personality than the fact that he was actually wearing it.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Spin said:
One of my boyz checked in to MATSG (API) with the barracks cover .... there was nothing wrong with it ... (hehe), but we messed with him ALL DAY .... it was pretty funny ... probably more so because of his personality than the fact that he was actually wearing it.

Yeah it just seems like an extraneous uniform item that's rarely if ever worn with alphas. Kind of like the all weather trench coat.

dkm3

Reporting in in cammies?

It says on the handout they gave us at the TBS brief to report in in cammies. Is that wrong?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
dkm3 said:
It says on the handout they gave us at the TBS brief to report in in cammies. Is that wrong?

Not if thats what they briefed...they might have changed things since we came down...

phrogpilot73

Being an old prior enlisted guy, I never thought about anything other than Alphas. I came from the boat school, so I had my full complement of uniforms upon comissioning. I checked into TBS in Alphas (the way I was taught back in '92 as a PFC). I was told to check into MATSG in Charlies, but again, old habits die hard and I checked in wearing Alphas. At the boat school, we used to say "you can always dress up". No one will laugh at you if you're wearing Alphas, because you are doing the correct thing. Especially for the young enlisted guys who see you.

According to the Marine Officer's Guide, you should put on your best civilian clothes (or Service A if you prefer), get a haircut, and go to the base the day prior to your orders. Go to the adjutant's office (or SDO of the squadron you're checking in to), and introduce yourself, and ask the pertinents (when, where, and what uniform). I wish I had done that with my first squadron, as I sat around from 0730-1400 waiting for the XO (because he was on the night schedule). Had I done what the Marine Officer's guide suggested, I would have checked in at 1400...

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
phrogpilot73 said:
Being an old prior enlisted guy, I never thought about anything other than Alphas. I came from the boat school, so I had my full complement of uniforms upon comissioning. I checked into TBS in Alphas (the way I was taught back in '92 as a PFC). I was told to check into MATSG in Charlies, but again, old habits die hard and I checked in wearing Alphas. At the boat school, we used to say "you can always dress up". No one will laugh at you if you're wearing Alphas, because you are doing the correct thing. Especially for the young enlisted guys who see you.

According to the Marine Officer's Guide, you should put on your best civilian clothes (or Service A if you prefer), get a haircut, and go to the base the day prior to your orders. Go to the adjutant's office (or SDO of the squadron you're checking in to), and introduce yourself, and ask the pertinents (when, where, and what uniform). I wish I had done that with my first squadron, as I sat around from 0730-1400 waiting for the XO (because he was on the night schedule). Had I done what the Marine Officer's guide suggested, I would have checked in at 1400...

Good advice...

usmcecho4

pilot
I just saw an Lt in the parking lot in Alphas with her mom! I don't know about anyone else but there was no way I would bring my mom to check in to my first unit.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

Malice 1

pilot
usmcecho4 said:
I just saw an Lt in the parking lot in Alphas with her mom! I don't know about anyone else but there was no way I would bring my mom to check in to my first unit.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

Maybe his wife is really old. You never know.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
usmcecho4 said:

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

That would be an interesting sight