• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS check in

pebe0101

Hi,
I hate to reiterate this topic, as my question has probably been asked before, but about check in...I report to TBS on Sept. 1, but Fox doesnt pick up till the 5th. If I have family out there, can I check in and then hang out with them, or am I gonna be in working parties and such till the 5th? Just curious, tried calling Mike Co and nobody was in. Thanks!

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Well...it could go either way. Then again you might want to take the time to get some of the admin stuff done...best of luck.

usmcecho4

pilot
Check with Mike Co at TBS as you will be checking in the day before TBS goes on a 96. You should most likely not have a problem doing pretty much whatever you like over the break as it's highly unlikely anyone will even be around to check you guys in over the 96.

s/f,
usmcecho4

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
On a similar note, I'm also checking in to Mike on the first. Are we required to be in Service Alphas?

pebe0101

Thanks for the info. Can we check in with Alphas anyway, and would you recommend bringing a civilian suit with us anyway? Thanks a lot. I missed out on a lot of this info as I was the candidate XO during 9th week when we got the TBS brief, and missed most of it. :icon_rage

usmcecho4

pilot
Q: Can we check in with Alphas anyway
A: Yes, but the M Co LTs running check-in will make fun of you behind your back (nice shooting badges, etc)

Q: would you recommend bringing a civilian suit with us anyway?
A: yes, there will be events throughout the POI that may require a suit (ground dinner, trips to see generals talk, etc). Also bring a sports coat as you will need that for 8th and I trip.

s/f,
usmcecho4

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Noone will make fun of you for checking in in Alphas if you have them and who cares what the sick lame and lazy at Mike company have to say anyway. Dont go buy Alphas jsut to check in but if that is what you commisioned in wear them.
Yes you will need a suit and sports jacekt for other events.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
usmcecho4 said:
A: Yes, but the M Co LTs running check-in will make fun of you behind your back (nice shooting badges, etc)

Ah yes, the venerable salt dogs who haven't even finished the TBS POI. After just a little taste of TBS, you'll see that those clowns are a legend in their own mind.

If you have Alphas, sure, you can wear them to check-in. But know that often times in the day(s) following check-in you may be required to attend an in brief in a suit. Also, for the love of god, don't wear the barracks cover.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Just curious, has anyone here ever worn the barracks cover with alphas? If so it can't be very often.

Shadow9660

As a note, you should ALWAYS check in Alphas. It's the standard for one and for two it makes a damn good impression that you took the time in personal appearance. I agree, Mike Co. Lt's like to think they are a legend, but 6 months of TBS POI will break those bad habits. Also, I'm about to check into flight school where the CO said Alphas "not required", Charlies O.K., but in talking to a Lt. Col., he said checking in anything but Alphas is bull****. I agree. Just a thought.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shadow9660 said:
As a note, you should ALWAYS check in Alphas. It's the standard for one and for two it makes a damn good impression that you took the time in personal appearance. I agree, Mike Co. Lt's like to think they are a legend, but 6 months of TBS POI will break those bad habits. Also, I'm about to check into flight school where the CO said Alphas "not required", Charlies O.K., but in talking to a Lt. Col., he said checking in anything but Alphas is bull****. I agree. Just a thought.

and they told us the same thing at TBS... and guess what? you check in to API in Alphas and you will be the ONLY ONE. once again, you're just checking in with a bunch of Lt's. After API, sure, you check in in Alphas everywhere.

edit: for clarification, API = MATSG for the purposes of this post

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
We checked into TBS and MATSG in Alphas and changed immediately into cammies. Checked into API in Charlies, not optional. Afterward, well obviously Alphas are the way to go.

I defer to E5B about Alphas for checking into MATSG...I have never seen someone check in wearing anything else...

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Checking into MATSG in Alphas is not necessary.

Not so everywhere else.