• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBM ditches off of Cocoa Beach

HuggyU2

None
Was this guy doing a show over Cocoa? Who schedules a show the same weekend as SnF?

There are shows that schedule against Oshkosh.
I’ve seen Yuma and El Centro schedule the same weekend.

its the airshow industry. It’s nuts.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

I didn’t see the WWII ditching demonstration mentioned in the schedule of events.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Yeah, I just meant two shows so close to one another when one is so large. But point taken about Yuma and El Centro.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It's like ordering from the secret menu at a gourmet restaurant. I'm sure the Points Guy will have an article about it shortly...

(This one simple trick- airshow pilots hate him!!)

Use your chase sapphire reserve concierge service to book a ditching demonstration. There's a link at the bottom to sign up for a chase sapphire reserve. By the way, I'm sponsored by Chase Sapphire Reserve.

taxi1

pilot
I didn’t see the WWII ditching demonstration mentioned in the schedule of events.
I was an SNA at the 75th anniversary airshow at Pcola, and someone (forget if USMC or Brits) did a gear up demo in a Harrier in front of all of Naval Aviation. Still remember it rocking up on its snout on touchdown. What a crowd to fubar in front of.

jmcquate

Contributor
Yeah, I just meant two shows so close to one another when one is so large. But point taken about Yuma and El Centro.
Lemoore and Oceans were schedule for the same weekend in 2019, and the Blues can only be in one place at a time. Oceana lost and got the TBirds. It's not always geography. Booking big acts becomes a problem.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Lemoore and Oceans were schedule for the same weekend in 2019, and the Blues can only be in one place at a time. Oceana lost and got the TBirds. It's not always geography. Booking big acts becomes a problem.

If only there were people in the live entertainment industry who put together tours across the world who the gov could hire to do the right kind of planning (rather than the PAO office and the airshow committee).

The airshow circuit is small potatoes in comparison and there are really only two headliners in the country- and those headliners don't change, and they tour at the same time, and...

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Big Navy has totally fubar'd their air show program outside of the Blues.

jmcquate

Contributor
My guess is that to get her in shape for an FAA experimental rating will be too cost prohibited for Valiant, and she will be on the market soon.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
My guess is that to get her in shape for an FAA experimental rating will be too cost prohibited for Valiant, and she will be on the market soon.

Jerry Yagen and the guys at the Fighter Factory will probably be in the market. They can restore her and get her flying again.

Last edited: