• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBM ditches off of Cocoa Beach

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Geez. It was a bold move to ditch that close to shore. I would have been terrified of killing somebody. Maybe pick a line further out, or make a mild check-turn away from shore to avoid that possibility?

Looks like the pilot was probably OK though. It's a shame about the airplane.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
looks like pilot did a good job of landing it without too much visual damage, a good wash and polish and it should be fine right? :D
Fresh water wash down and some clean gas and you’re all set!

jmcquate

Contributor
I was on the roof of Interior Main!
When I was at FDIC, I used to attend the weekly Park Ranger lectures there. Also, I loved the little National Park Museum that nobody knew about inside it and the Native American crafts gift shop.

HuggyU2

None
I'm just not a fan of single-engine warbirds doing over-water shows. There are just no good options. And there are too many good airshows that are over a runway.
I know, I know... just because they are over a runway is no guarantee.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm just not a fan of single-engine warbirds doing over-water shows. There are just no good options. And there are too many good airshows that are over a runway.
I know, I know... just because they are over a runway is no guarantee.

Was this guy doing a show over Cocoa? Who schedules a show the same weekend as SnF?