• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tattoo questions

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Marine4life said:
Tell your OSO, he has to do paperwork on it (not in a bad way). It should not be a problem.

For TBS? That's not what I was led to understand. Guys in my TBS platoon didn't have to do anything with their OSO to get a tattoo. The same goes for getting a tattoo while you're at TBS.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
General Tatoo rule of thumb for all Marine Corps candidates:
- not visible in PT Gear
- no larger than your fist
- no gang/derogatory meanings

As told to me by an MOI & AMOI that I worked with at the NROTC.
ea6bflyr

Wedge

If you have already done PLC, then you are done with OCS, and the concern over Tattoos is over. If they can not see the tatt, then they won't know, they would have never known if I had a new tatt when I went through TBS last year. If I were you I would wait till TBS is over, because some people do get their bars revoked at TBS and it would suck to have a Marine tatt if you no longer had your bars, just something to think about, and you may want to wait until you have been in the Marines for more than 15 mikes to get an EGA tatt. On an another note, congrats on making it through OCS and to on becoming a Marine. Personally I consider PLC grads to be Marines during that interim Year that they are back at school.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Midshipmanjosh said:
I know this subject has been discussed before, but i couldn't get my question answered when i searched.

I have completed the 10 week PLC course and i graduate in april with my degree.

Question: Is there going to be a problem if i get a EGA tattoo on my left shoulder (high enough so that it can't be seen in PT gear) with writing encircling it (USMC..1775...semper fi) before i go to TBS?

Thanks.
I did it the same way you want to do it. Go for it.

Midshipmanjosh

This may sound like a dumb question, but the more i ask around, the more i find that some guys regret getting a tattoo.

Do any of ya'll ever regret getting a marine tatoo?

Like i said, i know it sounds dumb to ask...

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah people regret them, especially when they start fading. I dont have a tattoo though I came clsoe a couple times but I am very glad that I never did. I love being a Marine but I dont need it carved into my skin to show it.

SMARTI

what about tatts on your calves before going to OCS? I know I need to get a waiver for the ones that I have, but will it be a problem as an officer?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
SMARTI said:
what about tatts on your calves before going to OCS? I know I need to get a waiver for the ones that I have, but will it be a problem as an officer?
Ive seen a number of guys with them. They just need to be approved and photos need to be taken by your OSO to send in with your package to the board.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wait until after TBS. If you are in the fleet and still want one go get it you will have much less heartache. TBS is a bit uptight about well everything.

Crowbar

None
Not to mention that most people still at TBS have retarded ass ideas about what would be cool Marine Corps tattoos.