• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Taking Test Next Wed

FLYMARINES said:
Seven months away, you might as well try. Also don't they sometimes grant age waivers?

Age 31 is with the waiver for prior service for NFOs:

STA-21 NFO Option candidates must be at least 19 years old and able to complete degree requirements and be commissioned prior to age 27. Maximum age limit may be adjusted upward to age 31 with active duty or prior active duty service computed on a month-for-month basis and approved by PERS-435A. No waivers beyond 31.

You could still make it in time I think. Might as well give it another shot if it's what you really want to do.

Mongo22

Aircrew Instruc said:
Took Version 4 today I got a 6 6 5 52. I am so pissed I studied my a$$ off and scored that low. Looks like my NFO plans are gone.

Aircrew...when I was recruiting I had plenty of guys/gals with low scores the first and often second time out of the gate. Through trial and error, one thing we found that worked very well was to have folks take a couple of months to study, but prepare as if they were going to take the GMAT. The GMAT has the same sort of rudimentary geometry and algebra problems that show up all over the ASTB. Most of the commercial books have tutorial sections to review all of the fundamentals most of us have forgotten. Also good reading comp questions and that chance to practice the problems. The ARCO book is good, and as a matter of course we used to recommend it to applicants, but as I recall there was only one practice test in the back. The more problems you do, the more comfortable you will get, and you will answer questions more quickly.

On the spatial portion, it seemed like the folks that did well played alot of flight sim games. They were used to looking at the different sight pictures and it helped them alot. Something else you can do is draw out the pictures...tell yourself you are in a right turn, nose high and then draw it...you will be surprised how much it helps.

Good luck.

Trip McNeeley

Paul those scores ARE competitive for in-service applicants homie. Do you remember a certian AD2 that was selected SNFO two years ago with the absolute bare minimums...3/4/4 40??? If he was selected you will have a great chance.

Ohhh, do you know who this is?

Good luck you evil AW.

Trip McNeeley

He was a SAR Instructor...Between NACCS and SAR from 2002 to 2005 we produced 7 Naval Officers and 1 Army Warrant...a total of 8 officers...SO, submit your package and you WILL be number 9.

-TB

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Aircrew Instruc said:
Dude who is this I can't figure it out?

DUDE...if you don't put your packet in with those scores...you'll kick yourself in the nut$ later...do it. IF you can take it again, do so, if not the Navy NEEDS NFOs. At least last time I heard they do. They may take ya...only one way to find out.

~D