• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Taking Test Next Wed

Aircrew Instruc

None
Ok guys I am taking the ASTB next Wed at NOMI. I will have version 3,4,or 5 and I am really freaking out about the math. I have been studying my butt off with the stuff on here and the ARCO book. Is there anything more I should do or study. I know alot of you have taken it recently so any help will be greatly appreciated.

mserver

Yeah, relax. Its really not as hard as you seem to be making it out. Trust me...study, but do not over do it.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
as long as you have a good handle on differential equations and can apply that to the individual case scenarios, you'll do fine.

Steve Wilkins said:
as long as you have a good handle on differential equations and can apply that to the individual case scenarios, you'll do fine.

That's certainly what helped me the most.

Crowbar

None
Steve Wilkins said:
Noooooooo, not us. :devil_125

evilmeter.jpg

About the test, I took the old version but it really wasn't that hard. If you've prepared then just breeze through some of it the morning of the test so it's fresh and you should be fine.

Yeah, it's really not that bad. The math is not above an algebra level, and since it's multiple choice you can usually eliminate a lot of obvious wrong answers. Sounds like you're good to go.

Aircrew Instruc

None
Well Tomorrow is the big day (I was misscheduled) I am pretty nervous because I know I need a good score. I am now too old for pilot and have very limited time for NFO so this might be my only chance.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I took version 4 about a week ago and have not got my scores yet. The timing on the math is quick so just try not to waste time. Know those train going one way another going the other way questions (distance problems) + know the 4^N+1= 16 type questions. The mechanical and verbal seemed easy and had time to spare, but the math section had me running out of time. Good Luck.

Aircrew Instruc

None
Took Version 4 today I got a 6 6 5 52. I am so pissed I studied my a$$ off and scored that low. Looks like my NFO plans are gone.

Unless your birthday is very rapidly approaching, you should still have time to wait 30 days and take it again. Just restudy the stuff you didn't know and get it done. I had to take it three times before they thought it was good enough.