• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Taking care of a dog?

MasterBates

Said it before, will say it again..

The following should not be accrued in flight school or before your 1st deployment:
Pets
Wives
Children

If you have them already, ok, but getting any of the above in flight school is bad. You won't really have the time any of the above need.

02Navy05VT

Hypertension Anyone?
We've been "dog people" always, never liked cats, never wanted a cat. I think our dogs might have even eaten cats. When #1 son was in the RAG at Lemoore a mother cat showed up their backyard with 2 kittens. She kept bringing them back then, one day, (Britney-style) the tramp left the 2 brats and never came back. Being good, responsible citizens, the 2 knuckleheads adopted them and the kittens began terrorizing their household.

Long story short, #1 son got stationed at Oceana, drove cross-country with one of the kittens (the roomate kept the other one). He got all the way to Virginia and found out he was going to be at sea for a month and called me to see if I wanted the cat. I begrudgingly took her. So, I trained her to fetch and be a goalie. She weighs 7 lbs and has stood down every dog that has ever entered the house. Just let him try to take the cat back! Every one of our cat-hating friends love this cat.

For your entertainment, a video clip of Phrog and his cat: (best with the sound turned on)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19718216

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
A puppy you could not do. A dog is possible... but it's living with my parents now because I couldn't find an affordable place to live with it at the RAG and didnt want to send him through quarantine in 6 months to go to Guam.

If you wanna take your dog to Guam, they have some procedures that will make the quarantine only a few days at most. I can't remember them exactly but Google for it and it's pretty straightforward.