• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Taking care of a dog?

phrogpilot73

FUNNY_Cat_top_of_dog_small.JPG

funny_cat_pictures_107.jpg

funny_cat_pictures_139.jpg

ceilingcat.jpg

AJB37

Well this thread has taken a rather strange turn... I would not have expected that.

The Muffin Man

Random first post - but I'm heading out to flight school soon and I was wondering the feasibility of getting a dog while going through the pipeline as a single guy - and then subsequently taking care of it as a naval aviator?

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
I got a dog in my last month of primary. A full grown dog.

A puppy you could not do. A dog is possible... but it's living with my parents now because I couldn't find an affordable place to live with it at the RAG and didnt want to send him through quarantine in 6 months to go to Guam.

You can get one... but just be aware it SEVERELY restricts places you can live... you have to spend time with it... and you can't just decide "on a whim" that you are going to stay somewhere overnight because you got too drunk... unless you have a roommate who also walks the dog.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the link. Tried searching for "dogs" before I made the post but the word was too short.

LOL, try the "too common" explanation* (lots and lots of dog references on AW). Not to worry, the threads are together now forever and ever.

*The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : dog

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
LOL, try the "too common" explanation* (lots and lots of dog references on AW). Not to worry, the threads are together now forever and ever.

*The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : dog
If you use the Search Site/Google feature you don't get those sort of errors... it's a really powerful (proven) search engine...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Google? Never heard of it!

If you use the Search Site/Google feature you don't get those sort of errors... it's a really powerful (proven) search engine...

O RLY? I'll have to try it sometime! Does it work outside AW as well? ;)