• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T4O and the FRS

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
He kept @#$-ing with the radios and acting important, and I kept missing calls. :mad:Much better to have had the junior-ist guy next to me.

I’m surprised more planes aren’t lost at sea during fly offs.

Know the feeling ?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Before that fly off, the JO CAPC that was taking the NFO with him for fly off told skipper (Pilot) that he wanted to take him for a flight on the boat before we went back to Norfolk so he could get comfortable. I was confused and asked the CAPC “Wait, are you saying the beach is more dangerous than the boat?” His response was basically that he hasn’t landed on a runway in at least a month, and that there’s a reason we brief landing coordination every single time. I hadn’t even thought of that. Made me look at fly offs from a whole new perspective.
Carrier pressurized tires combined with anti-skid that hasn't been used in forever. Different checklists. Civilian ATC you may not have talked to in forever. A big whopping heap of get-home-itis . . . and that's just the stuff I can think of that isn't specific to one platform or another. :)

TexasTools

None
Carrier pressurized tires combined with anti-skid that hasn't been used in forever. Different checklists. Civilian ATC you may not have talked to in forever. A big whopping heap of get-home-itis . . . and that's just the stuff I can think of that isn't specific to one platform or another. :)
That’s why I ride in the back haha

OscarMyers

None
What’s this Anti-skid you speak of...magic? Maybe you meant beta range... ? And don’t forget to include an east coast squadron on a west coast deployment having to execute the old cross conus flight. Talk about get home-itis.