• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T45 status

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I see mixed reviews, some say it is good, some say it is bad, is it because of the actual mission or the airframe? Still on search for this thread you speak of...

Don't worry too much about it. It's kind of different now anyway. Just at the time when I was in Primary, P-3 guys who were sent there weren't their top dudes. Things across the Navy have changed since that time as we do at least a form of quality spread to what jobs people get following their first tour. The particular P-3 pilots that I had as instructors had little chance of making O-4 and were bitter at their experience. Your mileage will vary. Don't worry about picking communities until you're there. Focus on OCS and then API first. Oh, and then passing Primary.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I see mixed reviews, some say it is good, some say it is bad, is it because of the actual mission or the airframe? Still on search for this thread you speak of...
The P-3 guys who were IPs when I was at VT-2 were pretty good dudes. My onwing was one, and I did a CCX to Key West with another. They seemed genuinely happy to be teaching studs and to be away from the fleet. I guess the VP guys had a fairly big tactics douchebag mafia. But from my buddy who is flying P-8s now, he says that the community has calmed down a lot- at least on the P-8 side.

Maybe that's because you get a 737 type rating out of it and those guys can leave and walk into a 6 figure job with Southwest airlines at the end of their commitment.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Maybe that's because you get a 737 type rating out of it and those guys can leave and walk into a 6 figure job with Southwest airlines at the end of their commitment.

Don't worry, the Navy has actively worked to prevent P-8 pilots from getting 737NG type ratings to help prevent them from leaving.

The C-40 guys do get the type rating though.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Don't worry, the Navy has actively worked to prevent P-8 pilots from getting 737NG type ratings to help prevent them from leaving.

The C-40 guys do get the type rating though.
Can they not just take their designation letter to a FSDO?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
It's next to impossible for an Osprey guy to get orders to Pensacola. I've asked three times and I've been ignored or rebuffed every time. Can anybody who's there give a rough number of V-22 guys instructing? I think the low number may have a lot to do with some bad gouge being given to studs who select plopters.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Talk about a thread jack. Crap, two and a half pages of who has it worse.

Now, does anyone have any news relevant to the topic of this thread?

nukon

pilot
It's next to impossible for an Osprey guy to get orders to Pensacola. I've asked three times and I've been ignored or rebuffed every time. Can anybody who's there give a rough number of V-22 guys instructing? I think the low number may have a lot to do with some bad gouge being given to studs who select plopters.

There was heavy buzz about an Osprey pilot going through the Whiting FITU in Spring of '16 - think he/she was headed to VT-6, and would've been the only one at Whiting I'd heard of in my time there. Any idea word on they won't send guys? They seem to send a good amount off to VT-35, which admittedly makes a lot of sense.

EDIT: Woops, sorry to continue the threadjack. My speedy VT friends were told Kingsville studs 'should' start flying end of July, then Pensacola guys, then Meridian guys. No firm facts or figures

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Interesting.......why wouldn't it just be a start on the same day across the board kind of deal?

Tjd448

IPs are supposed to begin shortly, studs mid July, should have production back up by October assuming the fixes/precautions work. Kingsville then Pensacola then Meridian. And one selectee per week for the strike pipeline will continue for the foreseeable future.

D

Deleted member 24525

Can they not just take their designation letter to a FSDO?
Wasn't it more than this?

Something about the first batch getting the type then putting together a PPT stating the reasons why it shouldn't count as a type and OKC agreeing?...arguing that it isn't a "real" 737 despite the fact that it's a Frankenstein of the 737 800 and 900...

But what's funny is the 300/500/700/800/900/ER/MAX are all the same type.

Or just go to a FSDO in San Diego or Dallas that hasn't been tainted by the VPness

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Something about the first batch getting the type then putting together a PPT stating the reasons why it shouldn't count as a type and OKC agreeing?...arguing that it isn't a "real" 737 despite the fact that it's a Frankenstein of the 737 800 and 900...
Wow . . .
jzu1w0.jpg

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Wasn't it more than this?

But what's funny is the 300/500/700/800/900/ER/MAX are all the same type.

Or just go to a FSDO in San Diego or Dallas that hasn't been tainted by the VPness
This is the absolute truth. It's the only reason I was able to talk the milcomp dude into writing me a CFI-H/CFII-H at Wichita. He didn't work with a lot of Navy dudes being so close to Vance so I just showed him my NATOOS jacket which had a HAC letter that contained the word "instructor" so along with my CFIs for the T-6 he wrote me up for helps too. The key is to go to a place that isn't bombarded with a bunch of other dudes like you, or even military at all, and then sea-lawyer your way into a rating
;)

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Word in Meridian is that they're flying again, but no advancing Xs.