• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6's starting to show up at Whiting?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I never talk about a shorty...

You know, it's funny. When I was flying with the Wing 4 guys at Las Cruces, everyone called it a "shorty." I don't think I've ever heard a Whiting guy call it that. I guess we're just more endowed...

Raptor2216

Sir,

Are you the one I saw practicing for CPT's in the trainers a week or so ago? I was the one you were making fun of for using the microsim...in case you're wondering.

You guys talk about the shorty and what not... I rolled in for my Fam 1 break today at a whopping 170 KIAS... went straight to 60 degree AOB and was told "45 degrees in the break." Ugghhh. Stupid course rules. I'm such a shitty pilot.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Sir,

Are you the one I saw practicing for CPT's in the trainers a week or so ago? I was the one you were making fun of for using the microsim...in case you're wondering.

If it was Kmac, WTF was he doing practicing CPT's?? That's what the ITU syllabus is for.

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Hornet guys in my last airwing had the "Six in the box" club. Had to get hud footage of 600 or more knots in the break and get a fair or better grade on the landing. So fun to watch.

We used to give upgrades for a SHB, but only if you didn't fong in on the ball...

"You gotta break at the rounddown, the bow is for pussies."

Once you master that, it's time to get your wingman involved. Try the Fan break at the stern, difficult, yet possible.

phrogpilot73

Man, all this talk about breaks reminds me of the time we came in as a flight of 3 into the boat... We must have broke across that bow at a mind-blowing 120 kts!!!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Sea Story Time :)

It's 99, somewhere in the Pacific and I'm tower flower on the Connie. I'm waiting for the one COD inbound from the beach so I'm reading a magazine or something. I hear a prop plane break, didn't think much of it. Ended up being a bud and nugget with VAW-116 (Dingle) breaking at the stern. After about 30 seconds or so I just happened to look up at the plat cam and all I see is a nice big dome shooting through the cross hairs, followed shortly by the paddles call...."603, wave-off starboard side"....great shit for the ready room :D As far as I knew, the only wave-off stbd side for the entire cruise.

EvilGN

pilot
HSC. Just busting on the fact that it seems people end up in HSL because they wanted to shoot hellfires and what not....and are disappointed when they end up flying hours worth of SSC.

Nothing wrong with flying hours worth of SSC, it probably makes up 60-70% of my Multi-eng turbine time :p