• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6 Gouge

reapergm

Anyone have any good website or prep material for the T-6? Also.. for those who are slotted for NAS Vance... what did you have to study in API when going through the pubs? T-34?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Everyone studied the T-34 stuff going through API. you can pickup the T-6 EP cards at wings aviation (the one with the plane on top). Baseops.net might have more useful info.

yecats99

I'm currently working with a retired USMC Captain who flies a T-6. He sells the old manuals if you're interested in that. We fly out of Ferguson...doing joyrides for rich mo-fos that want to wax nostalgic. Let me know if you're interested.

Stacey

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
yecats99 said:
I'm currently working with a retired USMC Captain who flies a T-6. He sells the old manuals if you're interested in that. We fly out of Ferguson...doing joyrides for rich mo-fos that want to wax nostalgic. Let me know if you're interested.

Stacey

While we all appreciate your kind gesture, the posts above refer to the T-6 Texan II.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Best site I have seen since I have been at Moody has been
www.T6driver.com

I would start with OPS limits/Boldface and nothing else until you have that down. Then go to the systems gouge. That should be more than enough to get you ahead of the game before you show up. You could also order a poster of the cockpit and label all the guages and panels so that you can get the verbage down. I recommend papertrainer.com
http://www.papertrainer.com/

Hope this helps, let me know if you are looking for something specific. There should be better "gouge" for you when you show up, just ask around, its out there.

reapergm

Chubby said:
And for the record it's Vance AFB not NAS Vance, you'll be training with the Chair Force.

Get the hell out of here.. thats an Air Force Base... I cant believe I let my Captain talk me into that. If only I had known......:icon_tong (I was being a wise @ss)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
My FAM partner here at HTs went through Vance, and his class (or flight) was either the last or one of the last few to fly the Tweet. He said it was fun to fly, but a damn old plane.

FLY_USMC

pilot
The last class to all have the Tweet started a month or so ago, there will be split T-6/T-37 classes well into next year, March or so. As for gouge, there's plenty of gouge, but it's all stuff they give you anyways, boldface and ops limits, so it's not exactly great stuff. You'll find once you get to the flightline, the "gouge" you wish you had won't be there, tests and such that the T-37 guys don't have to study for, you'll spend all your time on it. As for being old, the newest I believe is 1954 or so, but being as old as it is, it still out performs the T-34!

reapergm

I got a message from MichaelW who told me that I should go as agressive as I can to get the T-37 for exactly that reason. He said that he really wanted the T-6, but is so much happier with the Tweet. He was in that last class of all Tweets. Now my other buddy is in the T-6 class, he said thats all the Marines were getting at this point. Is that split available for Marines? or just Navy? Id always figure theyd give the older stuff to the Marines and newer to the Navy.. isnt that how it always works?

FLY_USMC

pilot
The split classes should be available for everyone I think, just depends on what class you get, ie, what squadron you'll go to and what they are flying. The 8th is all T-6, the 33rd is split classes right now. I originally thought I'd be getting the T-37, and later found out I'd be in the T-6, but oh well, it's a fun plane, but extra studying isn't my bag. BTW, I think Marines only flying the T-6 from now on is a MATSG want, not a guarantee.

IanBass

T-6 Driver (IP)
pilot
To help out my fellow USN guys going up to Vance. I am an IP up here and right now the flightline is 50/50. If you draw the 8th you will be in a T-6, if you get the 33rd the odds are you will get a Tweet. When a class starts up, about every 3-4 weeks, everyone goes to the same squadron. When the next class starts they will go to the other one, and this process repeats. So if you know which squadron the previous class when to you can try to game the system. As of right now, the first T-6 in the 33rd will be Jan sometime, we haven't quite yet filled up the IP slots yet so when the 33rd starts flying the T-6 it will initially only be 2 out of the 6 flights in the squadron, and one class will take up 2 flights. Vance should be all T-6's by about mid year. Hope this helps, and for gouge t6driver.com is what we all used when we went throught PIT.