• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45C Replacement

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Might be unpopular, but my money is on a T-7 variant to replace the F-5s, F-16s, and T-45s in both trainer and aggressor. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't have beefed up gear and they just omit the boat from the TRACOM syllabus altogether. Reduced TTT and lower strain on the boats.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As of Dec 2017, the plan was for T-45 replacement to start flying students in 2035, T-45 done in 2040. It’s gonna be a while...

Last edited:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The T-7A Red Hawk looks like it has a Hornet tail but still single-engine.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Has a Hornet motor too. I highly doubt the T45 replacement will possess the capability to land on a ship.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Has a Hornet motor too. I highly doubt the T45 replacement will possess the capability to land on a ship.
Semi- Serious question from an outsider/no experience spectator...Will systems like Magic Carpet end or at least minimize the need for carrier landing training? I am not trying to start a war here, I am simply curious about the longer reach of the innovation.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Semi- Serious question from an outsider/no experience spectator...Will systems like Magic Carpet end or at least minimize the need for carrier landing training? I am not trying to start a war here, I am simply curious about the longer reach of the innovation.
It will minimize it in the fleet. It will eliminate it in the training command.

edit: that’s not official.

Last edited:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

We got a walk around of it while out in STL a couple years back. I noticed the landing gear looked suspiciously 100% identical to those of the F-16 (to include the stupid NWS locking pin assembly). When I asked the Boeing company test pilot guy showing us around, if they indeed were, he just smiled. I'd say it has a long way to go based on that. Then again, GD had plans a long time ago to build a CV capable F-16 so who knows.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Then again, GD had plans a long time ago to build a CV capable F-16 so who knows.
25501T
The V1600 project! I saw a full size mockup years ago...it had crazy beefy landing gear and the tail hook was more toward the center of the fuselage.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
It already is. Marines students are currently waived from CQ. Navy students aren't far behind depending on a few things coming to the fleet soon.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
It already is. Marines students are currently waived from CQ. Navy students aren't far behind depending on a few things coming to the fleet soon.
Interesting. Thanks for the information.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Any info on the timeline for Navy students? And would E2/C2 guys still go to the boat?
The F18 FRSs plan to start PLM only as soon as the end of Q4 this year. Assuming that goes well (and realistically it should) you may see Navy studs stop going to the boat as soon as January. Purely my opinion based on what I see happening. There is some speculation on maybe creating some VSI hold type assistance for E2s but realistically they'll probably just end up seeing the boat for the first time in the FRS as well.

RandomGoat1248

The F18 FRSs plan to start PLM only as soon as the end of Q4 this year. Assuming that goes well (and realistically it should) you may see Navy studs stop going to the boat as soon as January. Purely my opinion based on what I see happening. There is some speculation on maybe creating some VSI hold type assistance for E2s but realistically they'll probably just end up seeing the boat for the first time in the FRS as well.

Thanks for the info. I'm an E2/C2 student and there is zero way I go to the boat by January.

I really hope the first time I go to the boat is not in an E2.