• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 Spin Video

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Prowler sims will let you spin in a heartbeat. But, there will be no spinning of an actual Prowler.

We never actually take that beautiful hunk of Grumman Iron into OCF flight. We will do approaches to stall for the pilots though. A "Feel what the jet will do just before it tries to kill you and practice the recovery" type thing.

MasterBates

Same with the E-2. Approach to stall only, and that only above 15K.

I THINK a spin in the Hummer would be "bad". I don't care to find out.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Prowler sims will let you spin in a heartbeat. But, there will be no spinning of an actual Prowler.

We never actually take that beautiful hunk of Grumman Iron into OCF flight. We will do approaches to stall for the pilots though. A "Feel what the jet will do just before it tries to kill you and practice the recovery" type thing.
Something about tearing pods off being bad, as I recall . . . clean approach to stall teaches you what it feels like. Dirty approach to stall teaches you what it doesn't feel like and why you need to hawk AOA.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
The only approved method of recovering a Cirrus in a spin...
CAPS.............................PULL
(I think the instructors here have a pool going to see who will be first to yank the handle)

The Cirrus dealer down in Destin told me once that the chute, while great for safety, almost always destroys the airplane. So while you may be able to walk away, you're gonna be out a 200k airplane...

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
The Cirrus dealer down in Destin told me once that the chute, while great for safety, almost always destroys the airplane. So while you may be able to walk away, you're gonna be out a 200k airplane...

Yeah, the plane is toast if landing via 'chute... and we're talking 300k+ here, especially the SR22.

This video has me NOT looking forward to spin training

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, the plane is toast if landing via 'chute... and we're talking 300k+ here, especially the SR22.

Well, according to my SGLI, my life is worth $400K, soooooo. . .given the choice, I'll save my ass and get a new plane later.

Funny, it makes me want to go to TPS. . .:D

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Funny, it makes me want to go to TPS. . .:D

So true.

I remember the first time that my onwing demo'ed a spin. I looked outside. HOLY SHIT! I never made that mistake again.

AOA...Airspeed...Turn Needle...AOA...Airspeed...Turn Needle

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Pulling the CAPS would be like pulling a yellow handle in between your legs. You only pull it to save your life. A human life is worth more than a machine.

rrpilot

I did some spin training in a Citabria a couple of years ago, as long as you understand the material and have a good instructor it'll turn out to be fun, of course I can't speak for any of the military planes.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Just remember that sims are only as good as the software that's written for them and most don't have the fidelity to accurately model ALL regimes, just the ones that are needed for the areas that the sim is used for.