• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 Mishap

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The point is she knows nothing about what happened yet she is getting a call AT WORK "ordering her" not to talk to the media. Knives club at work.

So what are you trying to say? You don't like the call...or your wife didn't like the call?

If you were dumb and blabbed info you are not supposed to in the first place, then it is your own fault. If the media wants to go find and interview my wife, then they are about as far away from a credible source as they can be. The media typically talks to family members if said family member contacts the media themself!

Unless you told her something in "confidence" about what you saw or heard.

LivinMyDream

pilot
Between the 4 or 5 T-45 crashes/ejections within the past year, as well as the T-34 and two T-38 accidents, the training pipelines have been having some severe problems. Hopefully we can have a long overdue break from accidents (and birds) here soon: stay safe everyone!

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Loose lips sink ships and that would probably include telling your wife something she does not need to know. Ordering wives is obsurd and stupid. They have enough to deal with just being supportive.

WinterMute

Question: What qualifies as "Privileged Information"
Question 2: Does the final report ever make it outside the Naval Aviation community? (Excepting of course information regarding sensitive technology etc..)

Please excuse my ignorance.

phrogpilot73

Question: What qualifies as "Privileged Information"
Pretty much everything involved with the AMB.

Question 2: Does the final report ever make it outside the Naval Aviation community? (Excepting of course information regarding sensitive technology etc..)
In theory, it's not supposed to. There are actually two investigations conducted, a JAGMAN (which is releasable) and a SIR (which is not).

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
AMB= Aviation Mishap Board.

I don't know what JAGMAN actually stands for (try google) but it is sort of like the "criminal" investigation. Not really criminal per se, but to decide who/what is at fault for the incident. They can then assign blame (again, for lack of a better term--although sometimes that is the perfect term).

The SIR is a safety investigation. The thought being that since the SIR results are confidential there will be...ut-hm....more information given to the investigation thus helping to prevent a similar situation in the future.

My exposure to all three has, thankfully, been fairly limited. Only seen a few. Any saltier guys feel free to correct me/add on.

HuggyU2

None
In the spirit of interservice bilingualism,.... in the USAF,
- the SIB is the Safety Investigation Board, and its goal is to prevent the future occurance.
- the AIB is the Accident Investigation Board, and it blames folks.
Caveat: I'm not, nor have I ever been, a "Safety" guy. And, since some of the nuances between an AIB and SIB are lost on me, I speak to neither board unless I have an attorney present.