• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 Mishap

MasterBates

Standard mishap no-speculation rules in effect. Only public info in the forum.

(Public = released to press, not the wives club rumor mill)

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
^Echo above. Hope all will be well and the hospita was just a precaution.
Media updates that both are in stable condition and had minor injuries. ;)

Now riddle me this batman, why is the wives club calling wives ordering them to not talk to the media?:icon_rage Last time I checked, wives are not in the military, nor did they take an oath of office, negating any perceived rank, and still retaining their constitutional rights of freedom of speech.:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Media updates that both are in stable condition and had minor injuries. ;)

Now riddle me this batman, why is the wives club calling wives ordering them to not talk to the media?:icon_rage Last time I checked, wives are not in the military, nor did they take an oath of office, negating any perceived rank, and still retaining their constitutional rights of freedom of speech.:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage

So let your Mrs. blab away and make sure she identifies herself as your wife to every news media she talks with...

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So let your Mrs. blab away and make sure she identifies herself as your wife to every news media she talks with...

I have a feeling that would not end well for the military member. :eek:

-ea6bflyr ;)

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Just glad (it appears) everyone is alright. Hoping #3 never comes.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
The point is she knows nothing about what happened yet she is getting a call AT WORK "ordering her" not to talk to the media. Knives club at work.

I have a feeling that would not end well for the military member. :eek:
If you were dumb and blabbed info you are not supposed to in the first place, then it is your own fault. If the media wants to go find and interview my wife, then they are about as far away from a credible source as they can be. The media typically talks to family members if said family member contacts the media themself!

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Is there a time limit that we need to wait before posting any info not released to the press? Or is it never okay?

I heard a good first-hand account today.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there a time limit that we need to wait before posting any info not released to the press? Or is it never okay?

I heard a good first-hand account today.

All aviators benefit from hangar flying and learning from the experiences of others. But it is too soon. Share it in a PM or phone call if you must. I don't know about the other guys, but I'd wait until the investigation is done, and then only the facts, no speculation. After the mishap report comes out all is fair game as long as we are respectful.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
All aviators benefit from hangar flying and learning from the experiences of others. But it is too soon. Share it in a PM or phone call if you must. I don't know about the other guys, but I'd wait until the investigation is done, and then only the facts, no speculation. After the mishap report comes out all is fair game as long as we are respectful.

Aye, Sir.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The point is she knows nothing about what happened yet she is getting a call AT WORK "ordering her" not to talk to the media. Knives club at work.

If you were dumb and blabbed info you are not supposed to in the first place, then it is your own fault. If the media wants to go find and interview my wife, then they are about as far away from a credible source as they can be. The media typically talks to family members if said family member contacts the media themself!

Not everyone knows that the media isn't there to help. Of course, "ordering" the wives to do something is kind of silly, since they aren't obligated to follow said orders. But it's probably in their best interest.