• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 Ejection Seat

gte544j

Anybody else have a problem with the ejection seat poking the crap out of your lower back? Specifically, that vertical ridge in the lumbar portion of the seat that stops abruptly about 8 inches up your back. Any tips/tricks?

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I'm pretty sure that seat back is adjustable. I remember getting in after a shorter person and it would push against the bottom half of my back. I would say check that. It's a small slide-type adjustment on the left portion of the seat as you're sitting in it (but only adjustable from outside the cockpit). It moves up and down from what I remember.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
OK so which of you perverts stuck your girlfriends 8" toy in the back of get544j's ejection seat? I mean that has to be a clear violation of NATOPS.

Can you imagine the gripe on the MAF? "Pilot complains of 8 inch long object poking him in the back"

"Remove and replace ejection seat. Found 8" FOD in backrest cushion. Removed object"

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Not as bad as "Radio INOP with switch in 'On-For-Flight' position." That's the "OFF" position. (That was a hornet pilot that initiated that gripe, btw.)

Not to be unfair, the other day I was reading through a TH-57 ADB and saw, "GPS displays 'UNKNOWN ERROR; RECYCLE POWER' on startup. Recycled power several times with no results." The corrective action? "User-inputed message deleted."

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
gaijin6423 said:
Not to be unfair, the other day I was reading through a TH-57 ADB and saw, "GPS displays 'UNKNOWN ERROR; RECYCLE POWER' on startup. Recycled power several times with no results." The corrective action? "User-inputed message deleted."

That is awesome. I'll have to remember that one. Much better than the ghey "FSU RULES, GATORS SUCK" that someone put in....while I was flying over Tallahassee.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Check the back postition lever. You can reach it if you're unstrapped, but it do it before you enter the cockpit.

Pags

N/A
pilot
gaijin6423 said:
Not as bad as "Radio INOP with switch in 'On-For-Flight' position." That's the "OFF" position. (That was a hornet pilot that initiated that gripe, btw.)

I was in a/c issue and an IP was writing up a gripe for a "more cowbell" startup message and another IP brought up the "cycle power" error message.

also enjoyed my training on a MAF that read: "UHF radio inop. suspect water in the unit." My IP says, "don't write in stuff like that....unless you spilled water in it"

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
gatordev said:
That is awesome. I'll have to remember that one. Much better than the ghey "FSU RULES, GATORS SUCK" that someone put in....while I was flying over Tallahassee.

Not really MAF (or ejection seat, for that matter) related, but I've got a Gators story. My onwing in primary was a Gator, and I used to date a girl who when to school there. We were planning a XC to West Palm Beach area, and I told him that I predicted I would have to use the relief tube over Gainesville. Yeah, we went to Fort Worth instead.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
PCLoadLetter - a perennial nav system interface favorite for the hot-seat crew.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
PCLoadLetter - a perennial nav system interface favorite for the hot-seat crew.

Brett

"PC Load Letter... what the **** does that mean?!"

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
This thread has reached way too high velocity. I mean it's Tuesday night - shouldn't most of you be at a ladies night somewhere?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crowbar said:
Best Mal Code ever:
For those of you who are fleet-bound, remember this hallmark of shame: A 799

I know Crowbar understands. ;) BTW, were you around for the old WUC books (pre-NALCOMIS) that had a listing of all the weird and obscure MAF related stuff?

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crowbar said:
Ah yes, the old A-799/Y code battles.

WUC books. You mean the big pub-style ones or the blue-brains style ones? We used both. WUCs. That's something I hadn't thought about in a long time. Blechhh. We've had NALCOMIS (aka NALCOMMUNIST) since I hit the fleet (albeit on the boat we had those ass-kicking Honeywell Bull abacus with a keyboard terminals with the start screen seared into the monitor) but we still used those old WUC books for 'quick reference'. The fleet ever get up to speed on NALCOMIS optimized?
I mean the old blue brains version. I cut my teeth on the old green paper MAF system, so whenever the AZs pull those out on det or if NACOMIS goes down, everyone (including the junior maintainers) cock their heads like a dog who has just been told that it's going to the vet. "Out of the way, mortals," I say, as I snatch them out of their hands. :D Ahh, the simple pleasures.

Brett

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, yes my friend.....the old A 799.

The gripe: "Radar unable to get a PSTT lock"

Best write off ever..."R&R the R 10 unit checks 4.0 on deck."

Signed off: A 799
for the newbs....R 10 unit is slang for the GIB, you know the guy in back, the RIO :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crowbar said:
Green MAFs. Next you'll be talking about MAF boards! Stop it already! What version of the 4790 did you cut your teeth on? The "2A"?
Yes we still had some of the blue WUC books floating around. It became a contest to see who could find the oddest and/or most appropriate mal code. How else would we find 437? Seems like the CDIs I 'grew up' around had this aversion to using anything other than 070 "broken".
Yeah, I'm sure the Robert Macnamera clones at DoD who came up with the idea of tracking all that data and other minutiae are sitting on warehouses of information that nobody cares about, or has ever used other than to justify their own existance.

Brett