• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-44A Gear Up Landing on Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
skidkid said:
tires are for losers
"Two down and bolted"
just kidding dont want to start a war or anything.

Tried that with a sim guy once..

"report gear down and locked"

"rgr skids down and bolted."

he was not happy to say the least.

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
The sched was cnx'ed again today. Apparently there were 5 good planes last night (SEP 29), then the Commodore said only 3 of them were good to fly. This morning AFTER I briefed at 6, they told us that NavAir had grounded all of them until the new brake assemblies get installed. Lucky us. I didn't wanna finish flight school in the next 2 years anyway... ORANGE AND WHITE FOR LIFE!

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
Well, the new brakes are supposed to be installed sometime next fiscal year, meaning after tomorrow. Who knows when they'll actually start the process--probably ASAP now that we're not flying till the problem's fixed. Schedule is to do 5 planes a week, but maybe they'll accelerate the process now that they realize that it's not safe to fly our piece of crap.....ummm.... I mean the T-44A.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Yeah, the word I heard from a ground school instructor is "they know what's wrong" and "they know how to fix it" but "they don't have the 'parts' to do it" - or something to that effect.

I haven't seen a T-44 flying since it's happened.. but as someone said, 5 were good, Commodore says 3.. several days ago, I heard 4.. so, the 5/3 stand to reason.

*shrug*

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
They're replacing all bearings and races this weekend, and there's a full flight schedule on Monday. Hopefully, no more wheels fall off...

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Reviving an old thread for no good reason, but I thought some of you might enjoy ...

Attachments

• t44 Patch.GIF
    t44 Patch.GIF
    14.6 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.