• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-44A Gear Up Landing on Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Yeah, I thought I was recording last night.. emailed CBS 10 and they said they were replaying it tonight.. so I grabbed it.

Here's the link. Just click to download.

It's under 7MB. Not great quality.

The file will probably only stay here for like 5 to 7 days, so if you want to watch it, grab it now.

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=E4609125C16BB9591F453338DDCB63CD

And PLEASE don't click option number 2, only click option number 1. Thanks :)

EDIT: And I'm glad they got that expert analysis from the CC fire department.

Elder

Yeah, that's what I heard yesterday. Last night on the news, they made it sound like the crew knew about it first? I heard it was the tower.. eh, rumors.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
The video does mention it....but just in case you missed it, it was their first solo in the t-44....what are the freakin odds...the glorious contact solo....three bounces and your done...i cant believe their luck....what a good story to tell at the bar....."so their I was on my first solo in advanced....you wont believe what happened...."

I was out on gulf line and watched them put it down....great f!ckin landing right on centerline....first third of the runway...and oh by the way the wind was really blowing like a muthaf@cker...the news reported at just below tropical storm winds later on that night.

Elder

Pcola04/30 said:
The video does mention it....but just in case you missed it, it was their first solo in the t-44....what are the freakin odds...the glorious contact solo....three bounces and your done...i cant believe their luck....what a good story to tell at the bar....."so their I was on my first solo in advanced....you wont believe what happened...."

I was out on gulf line and watched them put it down....great f!ckin landing right on centerline....first third of the runway...and oh by the way the wind was really blowing like a muthaf@cker...the news reported at just below tropical storm winds later on that night.

LOL see, more rumors. I heard from a friend in VT-31 that one guy was like complete or almost complete, and the other guy it was like his last solo. Gotta love the military. My friend was scheduled to fly after that... so who knows. I know I don't. I don't report in until next Friday.. Enjoying my last week of leave.

I did hear, too, that they made like 3 practice approaches before putting it down, I guess to get the feel of making an approach with no gear.. and with the warning horn blowing.

absolutVU

They were on their way to San Antonio on their last solo -- one of the guys had completed already and, I think, he is about to be winged.

Elder

Another wheel bearing failure occured in a T-44A on Sep 27. Unsure of all details.. but believe they were taxing and pilot heard something, stopped, shut down.. They cx the sked yesterday, Sep 28, and had a safety stand down.. unsure what's going on now.. I'm still in ground school.

Just FYI...

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
had an IP tell me once those bearings fail there is nothing to keep the wheel on the plane... no real way to test the bearings either from what i understand.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
VarmintShooter said:
Try taking off ... if the wheel stays on then the bearings are good?

Exactly!! no prob landing with a stump instead of a tire... come on, you guys want the world, wheels at take off AND landing???

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
tires are for losers
"Two down and bolted"
just kidding dont want to start a war or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.