• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-44/TC-12 Flight Gear

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
What flight gear is mandatory for the T-44/TC-12? Do we get to shed the God-awful vests from Primary or do we still get to be laden down with them?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Snacks said:
What flight gear is mandatory for the T-44/TC-12? Do we get to shed the God-awful vests from Primary or do we still get to be laden down with them?

You don't know what flight gear is until you've strapped into a jet...

I'd imagine you still where SV-2/Airsaves... I think that's why my buddies in P-3s told me.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Snacks said:
What flight gear is mandatory for the T-44/TC-12?.....
C-12 used to require a clean flight suit and clean underwear --- mandatory. Not much else.

"They" tried to get me to fly it --- "they" thought an O-5 should not be doing Adversary -- not dignified. :) "They" wanted me to do VIP stuff --- for the Admiral in New Orleans and "heavies" in Dallas. I logged some time in it and went back to the A-4 --- and changed my BVD's (?).

NavyLonghorn

The only time you will wear a vest is on your O-nav hop when we are trucking around 500 feet from the water.

Other then that, youll get a head-set, and get some sun glasses.

Be SURE to go VT-35. Trust me.

A4's: Thank god they didnt put you in a C-12. That poor T-tail couldnt take what youd want to do to it in the break. The E2/C2 guys are bad enough with it allready.

NavyLonghorn

VT - 35 is a smaller squadron, has rock solid instructors, and an awsome skipper.

Its a fun time, and very laid back.

VT-31, from all accounts, is not as fun.

Even 31 guys agree 35 is the way to go. I dont wanna go that far in depth in a public forum, feel free to pm.

Also, the C-12 is faster/bigger/nicer.

NavyLonghorn

They ask you which one you want alot of the time. If their is a VT-35 slot, you can ask for it, and its all up on the white board right infront of you. Sooooo, not much of a conversation to be had.

Sorry to dissapoint.

NavyVance said:
They ask you which one you want alot of the time. If their is a VT-35 slot, you can ask for it, and its all up on the white board right infront of you. Sooooo, not much of a conversation to be had.

Sorry to dissapoint.

Unless you are an E2/C2 guy, then you have to go to VT-31.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
But yes, right now 35 is the place to be- that may change in a few months or so though... know your **** and don't suck and don't bring any sort of unwanted attention to yourself and you'll be fine either way.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Other gear to have, a cool pair of Oakleys.

04-064.jpg