• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-39 Down

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I was unable to attend the memorial service today thanks to Aero 2 class, but I made it outside in time to see the missing man formation fly by. Seemed like it had a good turn out though. God bless.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
That's nice to hear, wish I could have been there. Hope the O'club is packed tonight for our fallen brothers.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
It is indeed depressing for the sub-sub-sub-conians the minute an event like this provides them with the notion that the business is not simply about boring holes in the wild blue yonder. Every aviator gets this gut check sooner or later, consider it a necessary right of passage... take a break, a few deep breaths, drink a few beers with your brothers, toast those not there to enjoy one with you, and don't ever forget them.... or their families who are picking up more broken life pieces than you.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
I had just left for NAS Whidbey the day before this awful incident. I very much wish I could be there to grieve with my fellow squadron mates. My thoughts and prayers go out to their families.

dcjohnsonjr1

None
Not sure of details yet but I got tasked today to perform the military honors portion of the services for Capt Paynter today (I will be the Staff Sergeant handing the flag off to the CO to present). For those of you attending Saturday, everything will be on point!

Semper Fi!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
C-Mac & Radio returned to NAS Pensacola yesterday afternoon via Fat Albert. The honors ceremony was attended by all squadrons, to include the Blue Angels, and TRAWING 6 civilians.

The Fat Albert team did a tremendous job and a hearty "BRAVO ZULU" goes out to the entire Blue Angel TEAM for their support of VT-86 and the return of the ROKT aircrew.

-ea6bflyr ;)

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
the last T-39 crew to crash in that area, back in 2006. It confused me too the first time I read it, until I remembered seeing those names on the memorial in our squadron bar.

Yeah that crash was one that had one of my friends from API/Primary on it. Glad to hear you guys did a memorial for them.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've been asked a few times by different people about memorial donations....here's where you can send donations if interested:

Captain Paynter, USMC:
VT-86 Officer's Fund
Paynter Memorial Fund
390 San Carlos Road
Suite G
Pensacola, FL 32508

Captain Nice, USMC
AWCF
Nice Family Memorial Scholarship Fund
P.O. Box 1553
Front Royal, VA 22630

LCDR McDaniel, USN (Ret)
Edith and Harold McDaniel Scholarship Fund
Berry College
P.O. Box 69
Mount Berry, GA 30149-0069

ENS Eckhart, USN
Virginia Tech Foundation,
memo "Zachary Eckhart Memorial"
Virginia Tech
University Development (0336)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Attn: Corps of Cadets
800-533-1144 for credit card gifts over phone

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
rokt501.jpg

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Was a squadron-mate with Zach's dad. We aren't supposed to see our kids die. At a loss for words.