• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

exNavyOffRec

Says Maximum per board allowed 140, my guess is that remaining 139 will be selected for the April board.

The "maximum" has always been a guide so don't get to fixed on that number, and the April board will select some FY 22 as well so the numbers might be a little different, there are 2 unknowns and that is how many 3rd choices are going up, and with COVID with 189 left can they fit all 189 for FY 21 into OCS in time?

exNavyOffRec

Ah, so it’s 279 applicants with SWO as 1st/2nd choice left for the fiscal year? 279 applicants with 189 commissions to be given?

Or am I still reading this wrong?
186 and then don't know how many 3rd choice are there, and they could pull all the applicants waiting, or not, and will they use all the spots or will the COVID issues mean the capacity won't exist for them to get those through? but if I was to put money on a rate I would go with 50% or maybe in line with this website 42% :D

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
186 and then don't know how many 3rd choice are there, and they could pull all the applicants waiting, or not, and will they use all the spots or will the COVID issues mean the capacity won't exist for them to get those through? but if I was to put money on a rate I would go with 50% or maybe in line with this website 42% :D
Thanks for the explanation!

NevarYalnal

Checking in guys. I'm not much of the speculating type. Is anyone here dual-processed for an enlistment contract as well as applying for OCS? My enlisted ship date for IT is July 8th.
Did you dual-process because you wanted to serve regardless or because your recruiter told you it would give you a leg up on your officer application?

No, my recruiter had no sway over that. I planned for this intentionally. I want to serve and be secured financially upon graduation regardless of rank or job. IT was advantageous for me because of advanced rank, tech job, top secret; and the tech school is 2 years at NAS Pensacola. Worst case is this is my fate, and it's not a bad gig in my opinion. My GPA/OAR aren't competitive, so I prepped for that. Plan is to re-apply for SWO after I get my Master's in MIlitary History while enlisted. If y'all want more backstory I can give it, but this was fully intended by me. I know recruiters have quotas and training, so their personalities are irrelevant. I was prepared to walk away at MEPS during contract talks if need be.