• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

exNavyOffRec

A little late to the party, but here are my stats.

GPA: 3.1 - BA
GPA: 2.7 - JD
GPA: 3.2 - MBA
OAR: 58
LOR: Navy O-3, Law School Professor, Former Boss, Former Colleagues
Fluff: Peace Corps, Fluent Spanish, 4 years overseas living

Applied to Intel boards on 3/3/21, as well.

Any thoughts as to my competitiveness? My OR said my scores, education, and experience gave me a good shot, but with lowered quotas, I'm a touch anxious.
You probably have a better shot at SWO than Intel, but your JD is a wildcard for Intel, I will really come down to how many spots they have to give at the board.

exNavyOffRec

I wish I could tell you but I have been wondering the same about my own stats

OAR: 58
GPA: 3.88
Degree: CJ with Counterterrorism/Homeland Security focus
Evals: EP EP MP MP (went from EP to MP transferring to new command)
LOR: O6 O5 O5
Active Duty: 8 years
Have Valid TS clearance and SCI eligibility

I'm an ET so I'm already familiar and comfortable with navigation and communications systems through virtue of that. Hopefully that counts for something
Above average shot, great GPA

exNavyOffRec

I feel the former military experience counts for something. For myself, the only thing I feel particularly strong on is my OAR. Took it on 24 hours notice, so getting a 58 was nice.

Hoping the rest of my profile helps fill out the profile a bit.
They go for best qualified, sometimes if it is close prior service could tip the scales, IWC has put themselves in a bind before by heavily selecting prior service, then you have a lot of people that could retire 10 years in.

The OAR is the ticket to the dance it really has little bearing for or against at the actual board.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
You probably have a better shot at SWO than Intel, but your JD is a wildcard for Intel, I will really come down to how many spots they have to give at the board.

Thanks for the reply! So, would you say average for both SWO and Intel?

Hoping I’m given the opportunity! Would love to go career.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
should be better than average for SWO. You noted you applied 3/3 to the intel boards? the last IWC board met 3/1, so does this mean you applied to the subsequent board?

My OR said it was 3/3. Must have been the 3/1 board because I was up for the March 2021 Intel Board.

Edit: My mistake. Yes, I applied for the 3/1 Intel Board. I had it marked wrong on my calendar. Checked my emails and my OR had said 3/1 for Intel.

My OR said it was 3/3. Must have been the 3/1 board because I was up for the March 2021 Intel Board.

Edit: My mistake. Yes, I applied for the 3/1 Intel Board. I had it marked wrong on my calendar. Checked my emails and my OR had said 3/1 for Intel.
I applied for the 3/1 Intel as well but, from my understanding, Intel picks up way less than swo does.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I applied for the 3/1 Intel as well but, from my understanding, Intel picks up way less than swo does.

I think I’d prefer Intel, but I’ve spoken to SWO officers who said that after being in Intel for a little, the transfer to SWO was welcome.

But, who really knows? The only thing I’m sure of is that I really want to serve.

I think I’d prefer Intel, but I’ve spoken to SWO officers who said that after being in Intel for a little, the transfer to SWO was welcome.

But, who really knows? The only thing I’m sure of is that I really want to serve.

I'm leaning more toward SWO personally. Both SWO and Intel could give me a job related to my degree, though, so I won't say no to either.

If offered both I'll probably take SWO

Well... I’m ready for the results to come out already lol ?. I’ve been on the ringer since Jun2020 (I have never been more eager to find out results out, not even when I was up for Chief) smdh

...let’s go Millington, I know you guys got this!! #good_luck_everyone!