• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 20 April

Heyo, I'm applying for this board (and hoping it still happens!). This is my first board and I wish everyone applying the best of luck!

GPA: 3.92 B.S. - English/Writing
OAR: 54
LORs: Two bosses, one prof, one psychotherapist (but family friend and as a character reference)
No prior service, roughly 7 years of work experience as a computer/phone technician (really putting my degree to work!)

EO87

Heyo, I'm applying for this board (and hoping it still happens!). This is my first board and I wish everyone applying the best of luck!

GPA: 3.92 B.S. - English/Writing
LORs: Two bosses, one prof, one psychotherapist (but family friend and as a character reference)
No prior service, roughly 7 years of work experience as a computer/phone technician (really putting my degree to work!)
From my interaction with Mr. Paul, the board did in fact occur. So you can rest easy on that one. Best of luck.

EO87

Haha sorry. I was replying to two separate people and mixed the boards up. I also applied for the IWC boards which already happened.

Ih8mud

Jumping in on this board, had to update my last package to make SWO #1 choice.

STATS:
PROREC-N via last SWO board 10FEB20
GPA: 3.81 Computer Networking & Cyber Security
OAR: 52
Appraisals: 2 O-3, 0-5(SEL), 2 O-5 (CO & XO type), O-6 (SWO),
LOR(s) - O-6 & O-6 (RET)
Evals: MP, EP, EP, MP
9 Year Active Nuclear Machinist's Mate

Did you change anything from your last package? Did you have your degree prior to becoming a nuke?

I'm on this current Board
Stats
GPA: 3.68 Psychology
LOR: Current Supervisor and Church Pastor
Secondary Langauge: Japanese (read, speak fluently, and write)
Extracurriculars: AmeriCorps Member and Church Youth and Young Adults Presidesident First time applying to the board, Officer Recruiter kind of brushed off the importance of LORs said I only really needed one.

EO87

Did you change anything from your last package? Did you have your degree prior to becoming a nuke?
I took on a few new collateral duties and got better appraisals, from CO/XO types plus a Captain who is taking major command. As for my degree, no, I did not. I completed it while active duty, and I did it in a different field than nuclear, IT specifically.